Author Topic: DLNA compatibility ?  (Read 69508 times)

elektroorganik

• Calf
Re: DLNA compatibility ?
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2009, 12:50:59 PM »

Well i was raving about how it seemed to work. When you try adding a file (or files) the PS3 doesn't see them. Eveytime you add a file and you want the PS3 to see it. You need to re-initialise the linkstation again! Losing your ip address and everything else!!! After you have done that you'll have to wait for a good day or so until the database is fully populated.

It's still not no where near man enough for the job! It's very upsetting to say the least. I'm one of the many people (even on this thread) that has been trying to get this sorted for over a year. Buffalo seem to hide behind a wall. These products are not cheap. Would be nice to get a little help from Bufallo, or some feedback.

:o(

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2009, 06:02:44 AM »
I notice that you didn't mention going to the Media Server settings andclick on the "Restarting Media Server" button as opposed to doing acomplete initialization. Have you tried this?

Hew75fr

• Calf
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2009, 06:27:02 AM »
   You can change the refresh delay. Or make manuel refresh ! Or just wait for automatic refresh (about 60min)

elektroorganik

• Calf
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2009, 06:55:29 AM »
   I've refreshed the media server. See start of thread...

Kashmahmood

• Calf
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2009, 11:00:08 AM »

Hey guys

Did anyone ever get this working or figure out what the issue is?  I have a PS3 running v3.1 of PS3 software, and a Livestation Link Pro 1TB running 1.07 v of Buffalo software.  When I put a media file on the hard drive using my PC why doesn't it show up on the PS3?  Surely thats the core function of the NAS!!  How did they mess that up!!  I had to mess around for ages - restart the NAS, disconnect the media server and reconnect it etc on the PS3.....! 

I also get the protocol error 2101 / 2104 error messages...

djcliffsmiff

• Calf
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2009, 06:35:34 AM »

I Also get the same DLNA 2101 error, and cant work out why its not working, Im using a Seagate Nas 420 Server. it used to work fine before but now not working for some reason and I cant seam to work out why. Did any one manage to solve the problem.

I always seam to get the error when I get to viewing the list of files, cannot even get to play any of them.

twidget722

• Calf
« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2010, 03:38:53 PM »

Same issue here, I can see the folders on my PS3 but not any of the files.

NAS :  LS-WTGL/R1-V3 F/W 3.10

PS3 : 120 gb version 3.15

elektroorganik

• Calf
« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »

After about two years of trying to get this useless box working i've removed my hard drive form the linkstation live and i've just thrown it in the bin :o). It eventually went into EM mode when i got back from Christmas '09 and I've been trying to recover it since and no one at buffalo seems to be able to help and vista doesn't co-operate with any software that buffalo supplies. Good buy Linkstation Live! It's been nothing but rubbish. I would advise anybody going through the same issues that i've been through to just stick a cheap old PC in your loft with a big hard drive in it, it will be much much better than a buffalo linkstation... I'm half expecting this post to be deleted soon, because that's the sort of company buffalo is. I'm seriously disapointed by this company. My personal time and devotion to sorting out this problem has been immense and unfortuately enough is enough.

venomshot

• Calf
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2010, 12:26:15 PM »

Has anyone come up with a surefire way to allow the Linkstation Duo to stream all content to the Xbox 360?

mstriker1

• Calf
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2010, 06:28:51 AM »

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It's always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I'm sure you had fun writing this article.