Author Topic: DLNA compatibility ?  (Read 69322 times)

Nukeman10

• Calf
Re: DLNA compatibility ?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 01:49:14 PM »

Yes Lewis, I've also done that. It works part of the time. It's also very touchy and at at one point it corrupted my FW and I had to reload.

elz64

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 02:26:15 PM »

mmh..

Are you sure this key is given with the demo product ?

Where am I supposed to find it ?

Consider I'm in France, so  I'm not sure the commercial bundle have to be the same anyway, but I'd be glad to get a free license for sure.

Thank you

edd

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 07:10:59 PM »

I posted to a thread on this forum expressing the same concerns for possible fraud.  That thread has been taken down by the moderator. I have screen shots of the posts, though.

The moderator has indicated some response from corporate by mid-December.  That's M/T of next week, BTW.  If there is a response by then, this may all be water under the bridge.  If not, it is certainly easy enough to proceed to the next step and determine whether accusation of fraud is accurate.

The real question, I imagine, is how many Linkstation Lives have been sold by Buffalo?

-Ed

Nukeman10

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 07:26:35 PM »

Well, lets hope they really are working on a FW and it solves our problems. I've never bought a product that I had to give soooo much attention to..

-N

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 09:55:46 AM »
The PS3 DNLA issue is under review by our corporate office.  As soon as I have a response I will have it posted.

janboen

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 02:19:58 PM »
   I have a LS Live 500 and am also anxious to get a decent DLNA that keeps working with my PS3.

sdhillon

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 09:25:47 AM »

Weel, you can add me to this list, I have been coming to this site for a while to look for new drivers and still no luck.  Like others I bought the 500Gb Linkstation Live becuase of its claim of full DLNA compatibility.  Like others I trusted the claim, and like others I have come across all the issues.  My had been working fine for a while.  I then had to rebuilt my PC, and I think since then, even if I want to see my drive on the PS3, I have to do a refresh, otherwise it is not visible on my network.

Recently, in trying to fix that, I have somehow got into the predicament that it no longer displays anything on my PS3, just the folders etc, but no media at all.

This needs to get fixed, otherwise why are Buffalo not offering money back.

Paul, I am assuming you work for Buffalo, based on your posts, I appreciate the updates, however, I think everyone hear deserves more info and quicker turnaround from Buffalo.  It just seems that the company is not concerned with losing customers, as I definitely will look at other products in the future when buying drives, and I will be looking over the next few weeks anyhow.

Lets gets this fixed, wouldn't this be a good Xmas present for all concerned.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2008, 04:40:54 PM »
Buffalo is aware that some customers are having support problems and Buffalo is researching the issue.

toygts

• Calf
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 03:50:35 PM »

Hello All,

I just bought the LinkStation Live (LS-CHL) F/W 1.00 because of the DLNA Certified claim, and at first I had the same issues like everyone else.  I am using gaming consoles (Xbox 360 and PS3) as my DLNA players. At first both systems sees the media servers but not the files.  But after I updated the firmware of the LS-CHL from 1.00.023 to 1.01.043, it works like a champ.  Able to stream videos on both consoles.  I even played the same video on both consoles at the same time and the NAS can handle the data transfer to both consoles via wifi "g". 

After I installed the software, I logged on the Web Admin Page to configure the NAS.  Just to check if the media server services is enabled, and disabled services that I'm not using (ie print server, appletalk, etc).  Make sure the folder that is being shared by the media server is the location you are dumping your data on.

Hope this helps.

bigrob

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 04:36:40 PM »
   i have one of the 1st live units which has no updated firmware so i think the problem we have is one of the older units

toygts

• Calf
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 04:55:46 PM »

what model number?

have you tried this page of discontinued products, it directs you to the available downloads of each individual device. ie hd-dh400gl replaced by hd-dh500gl, try using the f/w of the replacement.

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/discontinued/

elz64

• Calf
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 01:50:27 AM »

Guys,

I opened up this thread for a MINILINKSTATION 

Would be better to use another post to discuss cross compatibilty and discontinued products, not concerned by my original question.

thank you

bigrob

• Calf
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 12:17:50 PM »
   mine is HS-DHGL365 firmware 2.10 but the problem is the dlna

dmil

• Calf
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2008, 12:55:35 PM »

Sigh, add me to this list too.

My Buffalo LinkStation (HS-DH1000GL) NAS box (ver 2.10 firmware) is having trouble inter-working with my D-Link DSM-520 media player. The DSM works fine with the

Tversity media server installed on my PC.

My NAS box has a bunch of media files but these aren't visible on the

DSM; it still shows only some sample media files that I had copied as

test when I first installed the NAS box a month back. Since then, I've copied

several new media files and gone into the admin menu and refreshed the media

list but these don't show up on the DSM.

My PC is the master repository and the DSM can always see the latest media list from the PC.

Going through this thread, it appears that I am not missing some config step on the LinkStation. Buffalo needs to post a fix __quickly__ or else there are a lot of angry and frustrated customers like myself who've bought the box because it claims to be DLNA-compliant.

Best Regards,

Milind

dreamfox

• Calf
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 11:00:35 AM »

Hi all,

I do NOT have a terrastation or Linkstation YET!:smileysurprised: but am looking to buy one. The MAIN raison is to have DLNA certified and compatible solution in order to be able to listen to music or to see pics on my DENON AV Receiver.

In this context the following:

DOES OR DOES IT NOT WORK ? (DLNA)

ANYONE EXPERIENCE WITH DENON 4308 AV Receiver and DLNA "attached" Buffalo NAS

In order for me to buy such solution, I must ensure myselve that IT works.

So all your comments are helpfull...

Rgrds,

dreamfox