Author Topic: DLNA compatibility ?  (Read 69340 times)

BuffaloMuumin

• Calf
Re: DLNA compatibility ?
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2009, 04:05:15 AM »

My Problem:

PS3 FW:2.70

Buffalo Linkstation (HS-DH500GL) FW 2.11

The problem still consists, if you have your PS3 running and then start your linkstation the PS3 can see it correctly and it can even play the video files for a while (1-3 minutes)  until the error message, DLNA error  2101, appears. I’ve come to the conclusion that the Linkstation works correctly as long as it is refreshing the media list on the Linkstation. But as soon as this is process is completed, it does not longer function as an DLNA media server because the PS3, or any other media streaming DLNA certified device for that matter, can see it anymore.

BuffaloMuumin

• Calf
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2009, 04:13:29 AM »

When I go to the PCast/DLNA media server setting screen the following error messages appear:

Software error:

Not connect at module/BufPCastDLNAControl.pm line 98.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Software error:

Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at module/BufPCastDLNAControl.pm line 104.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2009, 02:12:21 PM »
You could try going to Maintenance->Initialization->Restore and set the unit to it's factory default. You could also try the force firmware reflash method found here and then re-initialize.

BuffaloMuumin

• Calf
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2009, 09:09:15 AM »

Hello,

Thank you very much, that did the trick, i just reinstalled the previous firmware (2.10), after I modified the *.ini file to not chek for the newest firmware (2.11), which now seems to work without a glitch. I can't thank you enough for your swift and expert answer.

dmil

• Calf
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2009, 12:34:59 PM »

Dont know if the moderators will keep this post (my previous post got deleted and doesnt appear here).

DLNA on Linkstation is dead. Upgraded to 2.11 - still the same issues; electroorganik: I have just about given up on this NAS box being a media-server. If Buffalo wants folks like me to remain their customers, they need to show some customer-orientation otherwise, I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Paul/Colin: are you guys listening? Please take customers' messages to your technical team.

-- dmil

robaveli

• Calf
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2009, 01:53:23 PM »

I have also had messages deleted from this forum.  My Linkstation has never worked with the PS3, i have updated it to the newest firmware, still with no luck. 

There still is a major problem and I would not recommened buying a Linkstation for streaming media to a PS3 because it doesnt work.

elektroorganik

• Calf
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2009, 04:13:28 AM »

It works guys! I've been struggling for ages and it was answered a few posts ago.

Go into web admin / maintanace /Initialization / Restore

Restor the linkstation and bob's your uncle!!! PS3 should now play all your linkstation content.

rockychrysler

• Calf
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2009, 08:51:12 PM »

installed 1tb linkstation live 2 days ago and must say it's been a frustration getting it to work with my 80gb ps3.  however, there is GOOD NEWS! today it works!  here's what i found to be the successful order of operations.

upgraded to 2.11 firmware

created subfolders under share folder for 'our music' 'our videos' etc 

transferred a variety of file types to appropriate share folder

resync'd database using pcast option

(at this point, some folders appeared but no files on ps3)

left drive on all night

left drive on all day

found all linkstation folders/files accessible on ps3 this evening!

i think the darn thing just needs A LOT of time to index the database. don't know why.

issues:

limited avi support; some avis play, others do not

5 folder rule seems to apply; anything indexed deeper than that does not appear in file structure on ps3

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2009, 05:35:58 PM »
Excellent info rockychrysler and well explained :) for your avi problem I would check the codec that some of the avis are using.  Since avi is just a container for the video the PS3 might not have the right codec to play the media.  Thank you for your helpful insight :)

IMWHEELER

• Calf
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2009, 05:40:43 PM »

WOW what a thread - I have the same issues but still am unsure of what to do. First the hardware 

PC : Athlon 64 3000 - 2 GHz 2GB ram

Nas: HS-DH500GL firmware 2.10

Network - wired through 10/100 switch homeplug to Media Player

Media Player D-Link DSM510

My dlink can see the linkstation but can not read any songs / files directly

(0/0 files). If I use Twonty on the PC and leave it turned on all is fine. But like many others that was not why I did the research and bought a DLNA Linkstation!!!!

I have set PC cast and subnets but not set static ip's (yet - do I have to?), but I am wondering if some sort of software is required on the NAS. If this is the case how do I do it?

The Things I think I should do

1. Set static IP for LS

2. Se static IP for DMS 510

3  Set the LinkStation:
Model: HS-DH500GL
Firmware: 2.10
PCast settings:
Media Servers: Enable
Media Folder: MyMedia
PCast Password: Disabled
Limit DLNA Client Access: Disabled
Update Media List: Automatic Update

4. Update the firmware -but to 2.10 or 2.11 is not clear or  try the force firmware reflash method found here and then re-initialize. Maintenance->Initialization->Restore

And that should be it.

I am a bit uncertain about the firmware update, the questions are

a. I am in the uk where should I down load it

b. Do I have to run the forced method first or should I just run the exe file?

Can some in the Know (Paul / Moderator) confirm that is the right steps required

Much help would be grateful

Ian

DIRY

• Calf
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2009, 05:50:41 PM »

Wow indeed!

MANY thanks all for this thread, I stumbled onto it due to having a few (common it would appear!) issues between my LinkStation DH500GL (running 2.11) and my PS3.

I'd updated to 2.11 pretty much by accident whilst trying to improve write speeds to it from my new x64 Vista PC (firmware version was a red herring, turned out to be the ethernet driver on the new PC).

Anyway.

Both my PS3s (40Gb in my office, 60Gb in the family room) can see the LS as a media server.

Both can see and play my mere 4Gb or so of music.

Both can see and play my 8Gb or so of photos.

And finally, both can see and play (15mins and still going fine) my 40Gb (so far) of .mp4 movies :)

So far, so good... :)

The only slight fly in the ointment is persuading the LS to refresh the media list.

It seems to be done using the PCast page on my PC and then by a random alignment of  pressing the 'Refresh' button, the 'Reflash Database' button, and how the LS is feeling at the time.

I've yet to work out the exact procedure (but I suspect it's the refresh database that I need).

Both the PS3s are connected to the LS with an ethernet (wired) connection via a Netgear 10/100 switch.

nielster

• Calf
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2009, 02:42:26 AM »

Been reading through some of this long thead but couldn't find *the* answer - apologies if I have missed it.

My problem: Linkstation Mini and PS3 (Twonky 4.x offered -> 5 is required)

After PS3 upgraded to firmware 2.70 and 2.76, the Mini lost its capacity to stream avi-files to the PS3. I went to Buffalo's European site and was pleased to find a very recent firmware upgrade, 1.06, as of May 12, 2009, hoping that would take care of the problem. It didn't. Bummer.

Can Mini owners expect help from Buffalo any time soon? Any comment would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hew75fr

• Calf
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2009, 03:19:27 AM »

(sorry for my poor english)

For the Linkstation Mini and the PS3, here is the solution .

I have to connect to Twonky server (IPaddress:9050)

in the settings, you can configure the client. For the PS3 if you specifie "PS3" instead of "Twonky standard client", every AVI DIVX work fine on the PS3.

You must rebuild the database on Twonky Server (can take 1 hour !).

magosalas

• Calf
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2009, 08:10:28 AM »

I had problems with the 2.7 PS3 firmware upgarde as all of a sudden my .avi files wouldn't stream. Came up as corrupted file yet I know that before the upgrade they worked and streamed fine. Found a dead easy solution - renamed the files from .avi to .mpg - and it suddenly all works again!

There is a batch command you can do at command prompt - something like ren *.avi *.mpg - and it'll change all the file extenstions for you, saving having to do each one in turn.

Hope this helps - but don't ask me why it does!

Hew75fr

• Calf
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2009, 09:18:30 AM »
   magosalas : to not have to rename your files you can configure Twonky server (see my previous message)