Author Topic: PS3 cannot see media server linkstation pro  (Read 6905 times)

mberrido

• Calf
PS3 cannot see media server linkstation pro
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:29:27 PM »

Hi

I've got a linkstation pro XHL 2TB, i have just upgraded the firmware from 1.24 to 1.26. Since doing this my PS3 will not see the linkstation on the network. I've tried disabling and re-enabling the media server which hasn't worked.

The 'authorized DLNA clients' list is blank, it is not seeing any computers/ps3 on the network. I have tried doing a restore factory default as well.

What are the next steps to try? Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Malcolm

txscowboy

• Calf
Re: PS3 cannot see media server linkstation pro
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 01:33:07 PM »

i am on the same boat updated from 1.24 to 1.26 also to 1.31 still no clients see the media server (its not limited to PS3).  i reverted back to 1.24 and it works again. you could do the same. follow this link Force FW update if you still have 1.24 image or you can request the link from support.  

r55boy

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 02:10:39 PM »

I have a linkstation duo, and the same problem since upgrading fw to 1.31.

Windows media player on my Windows 7 machine, on my XP machine, and my PS3 - none of them can see the Linkstation any more.  And the authorised hardware list is blank.

Extensive correspondance with tech support but they say that there is no issue - they say that media player and the ps3 are not fully DNLA compatabile and so are not supported by the Buffalo.

Surely this cannot be true?

I bought this device as I trusted Buffalo as a respected name in storage and devices, but am very unhappy now, and ready to reject the device as not fit for purpose.

Help someone - is it me or does 1.31 just no longer work?  In which case why dont tech support know about it?????

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 09:55:38 AM »

After updating the firmware, please reset the interface to factory defaults by going to system, restore and restore the unit. This will not delete your data. And you must choose a folder in the media server settings to share the data out via DLNA. 

Shonk

• Buffalo
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »

how about buffalo stop messing with the twonky http setup

its a joke

you listen to end users and add twonky to linkstations

then go and totally mess it up

arkroan

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 01:55:48 PM »

I have the same problem with fw 1.24

I have win 7 and the remote library remains empty in media player. The " Authorized DLNA Media Clients" list is empty. I have tried to restore the factory settings (twice) and restart the media server but with no results.

At some point after a fresh  "restore" and setting up the user accounts and access rights I was able to see some of my mp3s in the remote library in win Media player. I tried to play one of them with no result. On the next restart of the media player there was no remote library. Back to square one.

-I am so frustrated, The **bleep** thing does not work properly

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 02:02:34 PM »

So an upgrade to FW 1.33 doesn't do the trick?

arkroan

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 02:22:50 PM »

I will not update to fw 1.33 since the thread was started by a person with the same problem and 1.33 firmware. Plus a look in the change log does not reveal many changes in the media server.

In addition to that , many people downgraded to 1.24 because of similar problems..

I will keep my system to 1.24 for the time being and I will continue looking for a solution.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »

Okay just making the suggestion but if it's such a big deal I'll relay it over to the UK team and see what they can do.  Once there however it's beyond my control.  Thanks for your input.

mbnichols

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 05:06:42 AM »

I had/have the same problem, (see posts in other related threads).

I had upgraded to 1.31 and PS3/Media Server no longer connected. I forced firmware back to 1.24 as per Jotin suggestion and it works again....sort of. I keep getting an error "While firmware updating, Media Server update can not be updated completely. Please click 'Restart Media Server' button after establishing Internet connection" whenever I go to the MediaServer settings in the WebGUI. I am able to click ok and restart/refresh the media server without too many issues.

I had to reinstall 1.24 three times as it didn't stay connected first time around. Second reinstall produced a ACP_STATE_FAILURE error. I did a soft reinstall of the firmware the third time and it works. Although after reading about this error it sort of scared me a bit about upgrading to 1.33. Since others are having problems with 1.33 I haven't tested it yet.

Any updates would be helpful

kaladeth

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »

The latest Linkstation Pro LS-XHL with 1.34 Firmware has the same problem:

1. The PS3 (or the DLNA iPad application MLPlayer Lite) can see the Linkstation ok, and some of the media, but not all of it.

a. On a PC, when mapped as a network drive, can see mp3 files under \shared\music, \shared\music2, and \shared\music3

b. On the PS3, can only see mp3 files under \shared\music2, \shared\music3, but cannot see files under \shared\music

2. Adding new media files to a folder (i.e. \shared\music2) does not show up on the PS3 nor on the iPad DLNA application.

3. Forcing a refresh or restarting the MediaServer from the webadmin gui does not help. This seems to indicate the refresh process is broken.

4. Rebooting the NAS (switch to off, then switch to on) shows the new files under \shared\music2, but still does not show all the files under \shared\music. This seems to indicate the indexing process is broken, or has a limit on # files to index, or has a problem with some of the file names?

5. Removing security on all files and folders does not help.

6. Here's the kicker: iTunes can see the Linkstation perfectly OK as well as all music files, even ones that are recently added, with no need to refresh or reboot.

Has anyone else had progress in addressing these issues? I'm guessing the iTunes server is different from the MediaServer (are they using Twonky?) which is why we get different results. Would also love to hear from someone who somehow has everything working right out of the box as that may provide clues.

MarlowUK

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 05:33:14 PM »

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem and I'm checking on here daily waiting for a fix. I can't find the v1.24 firmware for the UK model which, apparently, has the last working media server. :smileymad:

However, I've found that I can access all the files once I do a RESTORE from the admin screen. I do it whenever I've updated quite a few files on the Linkstation. It only takes a few minutes and seems to refresh the file listings with all the added files.

I do wish there'd be more of an indication of when a fix might be available. I bought this unit for the very thing it's now incapable of doing: serving media to a PS3.

bigtim1966

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 02:38:36 PM »

Same problem here.  music partyly visible,  can't see photos or video.

Is the old firmware available anywhere trusworthy?  would like to give downdating my drive a try.  This is rediculous!!!!

OxonHammmer

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 01:49:53 PM »

Hi, I have a Linkstation Pro, running firmware 1.24, but things aren't any better! My Media Server's configured to refresh every 60 minutes, but as others have stated, I'm having to restart the server to get new tunes to appear. And this seems to have very random effects. An album that was there pre-restart, has just disappeared, but another album by the same artist has taken its place!

This randomness is so annoying, and making me think about flashing the device with one of those Linux firmwares, so I can install something decent (Firefly, for example).

Grrrr. Thought that this iTunes thing would work!

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 10:36:44 AM »

1.24 is far out of date. I'm running 1.37 and its running just fine.