Author Topic: Linkstation Pro 250GL can't get out of EM (firmware fails --> authentication problems?)  (Read 4339 times)

nikosgi

• Calf

Hi all I have been trying for quite some to resurrect my LS Pro 250GL after it entered EM upon a power failure. The contents are valuable and I am only interested in solutions that will salvage it -rather than reformatting the drive (frankly I'm throwing it away once done).

I am doing the following (after a lot of forum searching):

- use a windows XP laptop, powered through Mains

- crossover-cable connecting to EM'ed LS Pro

- WiFi on laptop disabled

- Windows firewall disabled

- MCaffee firewall, av etc disabled

- Local Network set-up between the two with the laptop being assigned an IP of 192.168.11.1 (the LS is at 192.168.11.150 )

- Run the LSUpdate (the newest version 1.15)

and wait -

and wait -

there seems to be a loop of rebooting/checking (is it normal) after 5 mins or so that can last 30min or more. - then a popup saying that the communication failed with the LS is displayed

'couldn't pass the authentication. please confirm again admin password for LS-GL-EM7B8'

Any ideas?? Many thanks guys! N

Paul

• Big Bull

please see post

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=1908&jump=true#M1908

nikosgi

• Calf

thanks Paul

I have tried all this -forced updater through debug menu, pressed the INIT and got the jingle. The process still fails in the end and displays the failed authentication message

Paul

• Big Bull
Make sure you set the unit back to factory defaults, and try to force the firmware again in EM mode.  There is a setting in the web interface to not restore the default password if reset, if this option was selected then none of the above will solve this and an RMA is needed.

nikosgi

• Calf

wonder if that is the case. tried to force the update but it keeps failing. Now when I try to flash 1.11 it ends up by saying the device rebooted in EM and to try a manual reboot. I do and it's always the orange light blinking..

what is RMA? any other options?

many thanks

Paul

• Big Bull
If you contact support they can repair or replace your unit under warranty.