Author Topic: Difference between Tearstaion Live and Linkstation Quad  (Read 3424 times)

jon

• Calf
Difference between Tearstaion Live and Linkstation Quad
« on: December 01, 2008, 02:01:28 PM »
   Can anyone tell me the difference between the Terastation Live, and the Linkstation Quad?  I'm looking for a network drive.  I have an older Terastation and just noticed the Linkstation Quad.  It seems to be a superset of the Terastation.  Can somebody tell me what the Terastation Live has that the Terastation Quad does not?  The two products seem to have a large amount of overlap.  I'm looking for the features of the original Terastation with the DLNA multimedia.  I'd just buy the Terastation Live, but the Linkstation Quad seems to do the same things + more.  Any help would be appreciated.

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Re: Difference between Tearstaion Live and Linkstation Quad
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 05:47:18 PM »
The Linkstation Quad is basically a smalelr form factor of the Terrastation Live, it also has the added features of the newer generation of products, such as Time Machine.

jon

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 09:42:22 PM »
   So the Quad is a super-set of the Terastation?  Is there any reason I'd buy a Terastation?  It's more expensive and has fewer features!

lmychajluk

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 12:15:46 PM »

I asked the same thing a week or two ago (I just bumped my original thread before seeing this one).

What I don't understand is why the 4TB Quad is ~$1k, while the 4TB TeraStation is more like ~$1600.

What about features such as AD support and/or integration?

-Lee

Message Edited by lmychajluk on 12-02-2008 01:17 PM

Matt_M

• Buffalo
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 04:45:16 PM »
AD/Domain support is on the Terrastation/Linkstation Pro series, but not the Lives or Quads.