Author Topic: LS-Q2.0TL/R5 - Has anyone else had difficulty when trying to retrieve files from trash bin?  (Read 1209 times)

videofame

• Calf

I disabled the recycle bin for several of my shared folders, mainly because they seem to hold way to much repetitive data that was causing my weekly backups to be excessively long. I never have been successful at retrieving readable files from the trash folders anyway. I also noticed that after I've disable recycle bin I need to go to the actual device to delete the trash bin. It takes and inordintate amount of time to delete these trash bins. Anyone know why?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

It has to overwrite the data in the trash box in order to free up the space, unlike windows where it just reports the space as being available where as it is still really there.

This is why it takes so long.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

videofame

• Calf

davo,

thanks for that little bit of news. do you know is it possible after removing the trash bin to do use a defragmentor on the unit to optimize disk space. I guess after a while it gets pretty fragmented.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

As i said, the XFS file system does not need to be defragged. Even after a per longed period of time the data is still stored in the correct logical sequence.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!