Author Topic: Linkstation Duo Media Server & PS3  (Read 2610 times)

4armstar

• Calf
Linkstation Duo Media Server & PS3
« on: May 17, 2010, 11:45:37 PM »

I recently purchased a Linkstation duo running on RAID 1. I've configured the media server function within the unit with the intention of streaming contents to my PS3.

Both Linkstation Duo NAS and PS3 are on fixed IP address. Networking wise, I started with my working wWireless netowrk. i.e. NAS share folder can be accessed wirelessly through PCs. No issue also for the PS3 to connect to wireless network for surfing, etc.. So, I don't think there is an issue with the wireless setup.

However, I still can't see the NAS in the PS3. I've checked the NAS's web based client interface but cannot see the PS3's IP address being detected as a DLNA or UPnP client. which probably explains this predicament I'm facing.

I then tried to used wired network instead i.e. PS3 connecting via LAN to the wireless router which the NAS is also connected. Again, the PS3 IP address cannot be seen in the NAS media server web interface.

I've ran out of ideas how to solve this. Anyone out there that have a way out? Appreciate your sharing.

vivick

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Duo Media Server & PS3
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 08:40:05 PM »

Hi I have the same problem, Dude!

When first installed, I have successfully connected the PS3 and the Linkstation...it played movies perfectly...

One day , I have rebooted the Linkstation...and since...it does not work anymore..PS3 does not see Linkstation, and Linkstation does not see PS3...I believe the DLNA does not work properly.

I have upgraded PS3 with new firmware 3.41 and Linkstation with its last Firmware 1.33, in case it fixe the DLNA...but no success...

What is your firmware for Linkstation and PS3? I think it is a DLNA problem,  there is probably a bug or an uncompatible DLNA between both...because PS3 can see my PC but not the Linkstation...a bug in the PS3 or in the Linkstation.

It is interesting to know if others users have seen such thing...?

I'm waiting to see if someone can fixe it and want to share..or maybe a new firmware fromBuffalo or PS3?

I'm also desesperate...it was great when it worked :(

Cheers

mbnichols

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 03:36:50 AM »

Vivick,

I have exactly the same problem as you, and went through the same update steps as you. I posted my issue in more detail at this thread:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Linkstation-Duo-PS3-Help/td-p/29181/highlight/false/page/2#M25672

I hope someone has an answer too.

Matt

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 03:25:52 PM »

Try restarting the media server on the Buffalo:

Extensions->Media Server->Restart Media Server

If that doesn't work try:

Extensions->Media Server->Modify Settings

Check the "Refresh now" and "Initialize database before refresh"

Click Save and then repeat the restart step above

Let us know how it turns out.

mbnichols

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 01:45:01 AM »

Dustrega,

Tried as you suggested, but there is no option to "initialise before refresh" in the 1.31 firmware.

I also tried restoring factory defaults.

Finally did as Jotin suggested and forced firmware update back to firmware 1.24 and normal service has resumed. Can you feedback to your firmware development peeps that 1.31 doesn't work with DLNA

Cheers.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:02:29 PM »

I will try and get the 1.33 version that we have posted up on the UK site and see if that helps but it will take time.  Other than that there's not much more that I could say on the matter.