Author Topic: Broken USB interface in LS-WX2.0TL/R1 2TB - LinkStation Duo - LS-WXL/R1 units?  (Read 6460 times)

Dustrega

• Big Bull

That model of Linkstation (LS-WXL) I believe should only work with an XFS or EXT3 (no EXT) file system (hence why it works with the older model).  Also I took this directly from the manual: "You must change the backup settings for backup if you format the hard drive after setting up backup. If there is no shared folder at the destination, an error message will be displayed."  So, my only question besides asking to double check the backup settings would be are you able to access the USB device via the NAS?

walkedl

• Calf

Thanks for the reply.    I did try reformatting with XFS format and redid the backup job.  Good news - it did finally complete!!  We'll see if it is really stable again tonight (takes 12 hours to backup 260G - seems too slow!). 

To answer your other question re. the backup setup, yes even when the backup did fail, I could access the USB drive via the NAS.  The files that it did backup before it failed were fine... it simply appears that the Linkstation loses connectivity with the USB drive.

So stay tuned.. I'll report if tomorrow's backup is successful.

Don

walkedl

• Calf

Ugh!  A power outage last night.  Long enough to drain the UPS and shut everything down.   Backups didn't even get started...  Will try again tonight.