Author Topic: Mediastation - can't read HD movies ??  (Read 4490 times)

bsnyder95

• Calf
Mediastation - can't read HD movies ??
« on: November 28, 2008, 08:58:04 PM »

Have the MediaStation BlueRay/HD Combo Drive. Comes with Nero 8.  Already have Nero8 Ultra installed. Drive can;t read the HD movie.  says the "Blue-ray/HD DVD Plugin is required" Uninstalled my version and reinstalled version that came with drive. same problem.  purchased and downloaded NERO version 9. same problem.

NERO website says that the plugin is no longer available...??

Tried to download new cd image from Buffalo support - won't accept the serial number i enter.  exact same number that is on the back of the drive.........????  

Help please..

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Mediastation - can't read HD movies ??
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 10:33:37 AM »

To solve the problem, I've installed a UDF 2.x Driver from Toshibathat was meant for some other HD format. Works fine with Blu Ray diskstoo,

UDF 2.5 Driver available at http://www.downloadsource.net/d16227/Toshiba-UDF25-File-System-Driver-for-HDDVD-Windows-XP/

From Blu-ray.com link is here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=21034

Keep in mind as well that customers will need an HDCP compliantgraphics card in order to play media content for HD and Blu-Ray discs.

Might need to "Trick" the install to get it to run on some machines, the instructions for this are here:http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15597

Message Edited by Paul on 11-29-2008 10:34 AM

bsnyder95

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 11:13:41 AM »
   Thanks, I'll give it a try!

bsnyder95

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 05:04:20 PM »

Well, that didn't work.  I'm running Vista Ultimate for one thing.  this driver is supposed to be for XP.

The install failed with the error message mentioned on the Slysoft.forum.

I tried the work around, and this does not work. Windows says it cannot install the thdudf.inf file.

This is a Brand New drive.  Shouldn't Buffalo provide me with the appropriate driver to make it work?  if they can't, I feel I need to return it as it does not do what the box says it can do.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 10:10:42 AM »
That work around is a patch for xp, Vista will work out of the box.  Do you have the latest Windows updates, and chipset drivers for your motherboard?

bsnyder95

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 11:06:01 AM »

Hey Paul,

Yes, I'm up to date on all patches for Ultimate. I'll check the dirvers for the ATI card.  

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 11:20:09 AM »
doese your ATI card have HDMI?