Author Topic: FIRMWARE ISSUES: BRICKED LINKSTATION??  (Read 1378 times)

venomshot

• Calf
FIRMWARE ISSUES: BRICKED LINKSTATION??
« on: April 30, 2010, 09:01:35 PM »

I did a "Restart linkstation" via web settings, which took about 27 hours. Now whenever I try to activate media server, it tells me "While firmware updating, Media Server update cannot be updated completely. Please click 'Restart Media Server' button after establishing Internet connection." I am already on the internet, and never initialized a firmware update, PLEASE HELP!

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
Re: FIRMWARE ISSUES: BRICKED LINKSTATION??
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 08:21:45 AM »

It sounds like it became stuck in a loop somewhere.  I would suggested trying to force the firmware onto the unit again.  Please veryify if you have the V1 (1USB) or V3 (2 USB) to obtain the proper firmware.  Instructions for the force firmware procedure can be found here   http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/FAQ-2-of-4-Force-Firmware-update-procedure-please-read-this/td-p/11011

gambit47

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 04:28:46 AM »

It's very important that you get the correct firmware for your hardware revision.  I accidentally installed the v1 firmware on my v3 LinkStation the other day (see this discussion) and completely bricked the system from even powering up correctly.

venomshot

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 01:45:10 AM »

Okay; I did the force update, and now when I am trying to log in it is telling me the session has expired and to please try and login again...........

EDIT: Nevermind, that was in Firefox, maybe stale cache.. tried in IE and it logs me in, i will update on the status..