Author Topic: Getting large (700,000MB +) onto LinkStation plus Duo  (Read 3290 times)

joeGCsouth

• Calf
Getting large (700,000MB +) onto LinkStation plus Duo
« on: November 30, 2008, 04:08:16 PM »
   Has anyone had problems getting large files to back-up to this box? My buddy just gave me 100+ .AVI movie files that i want to get from my USB 500 GB external harddrive to back up. It keeps timimg out with some messages about a "semaphore time' problem when i use a back-up program, and also losing the directory when going through windows explorer. i have even copied the files to my local C:\ harddrive, and i still don't have luck. 

gueroson

• Calf
Re: Getting large (700,000MB +) onto LinkStation plus Duo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 05:21:58 PM »

How large are the individual avi files?

Not sure if this will be of any help: http://www.buffalotech.com/knowledgebase/users/kb.php?id=10181&category_id=8&sid2=

joeGCsouth

• Calf
Re: Getting large files (700MB +) onto LinkStation plus Duo
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 10:22:13 PM »
   Well, i found the problem.  I had a buggy Linksys 4 port switch that kept losing connectivity/packets while connected and i removed it and just gave my laptop a static IP address, the Linkstation a static IP address, and then connected them both into another old switch i had laying around. Super fast file transfers of .AVI files over 700 MB each. For a test, i even set the linkStation to enable  FTP  and i used a free program called FileZilla to FTP my files into it. Very nice. Now i am going to go out and buy another one to store all my music and movies.