Author Topic: Web Access 3.0 not streaming video  (Read 5025 times)

Violin260

• Calf
Web Access 3.0 not streaming video
« on: April 28, 2010, 10:21:03 PM »

Hi,

I just purchased a LS-CHL, which came with firmware version 1.07 out of the box.  I upgraded the firmware to 1.26 today, but seem to be having a problem with the "new" webaccess.  Specifically, I can login via webaccess (both on my iPhone and my desktop), navigate the folders, and see all of the files.  However, when I go to view movie files (m4v or avi), the system tries to open up the file, but is unable to stream the file.  On my iPhone, it simply states that the file cannot be found.  On my mac using Safari, a Quicktime logo with a question mark appears (where the video should be embedded within the browser).  On Windows 7 using IE, windows media player opens, but does not play the file.

Before I upgraded to v1.26, I was able to stream these files with no problems.  Now, the webaccess feature on my Linkstation has been rendered all but useless.  I'm hoping someone will be able to offer some suggestions.  Thanks for your help.

ltjost

• Calf
Re: Web Access 3.0 not streaming video
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »

I have about the same problem...I can no longer open jpg files form my NAS drive on my iPhone after upgrading to 1.26,  It worked just fine in the pror release.  Safari opens and says the link cannot be found.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 03:33:37 PM »

There is a firmware version of 1.31 available on our website for US users.  You can download it here.  See if that fixes the issue.

ltjost

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:23:53 PM »

Yes, the latest 1.31 firmware resolved my issue!

witm

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 05:38:04 AM »

Dustrega:

If a UK user is facing the problems mentioned in this thread can they also download and upgrade their Linkstation to 1.31 without invalidating their warranty?

Thanks.

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 09:29:12 AM »

No.

Update at your own risk.

witm

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 06:59:32 PM »

So just to be absolutely clear. Currently, if a US customer is facing these issues then 1.31 is available to them to resolve their problems. However UK customers do not have official access to 1.31? Is that right?

Will 1.31 be available to UK customers at any point? or are we told to just put up with such issue?

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 07:51:28 AM »

This is the US/Canada support forum. If you have issues with your regions policies/downloads I suggest you speak to them. We can only speak for our customers and jurisdiction.

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 09:53:48 AM »

1.31 is on the UK website for the latest LS-CHL

kenmun

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 04:38:31 AM »
Hi,

I have the same problem. I just bought the LinkStation Pro LS-VL7EB and i updated to firmware version 1.54.

I can access the NAS without problem on the webAccess HD app on my iPad. Music and photos are displayed without any problem. But when I try to view avi files, it gives me the error message "The file format may not be supported".

I downloaded the file to the iPad and tried to play but all I get is a blank screen with the video player bar in the middle. The controls respond to clicking, such as pause/play/time seek. But nothing happens. The video just does not play.

And the app does not allow me to open the avi file in another app. The option is just not available. Please help.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 06:02:17 AM »

kenmun wrote:
Hi,

I have the same problem. I just bought the LinkStation Pro LS-VL7EB and i updated to firmware version 1.54.

I can access the NAS without problem on the webAccess HD app on my iPad. Music and photos are displayed without any problem. But when I try to view avi files, it gives me the error message "The file format may not be supported".

I downloaded the file to the iPad and tried to play but all I get is a blank screen with the video player bar in the middle. The controls respond to clicking, such as pause/play/time seek. But nothing happens. The video just does not play.

And the app does not allow me to open the avi file in another app. The option is just not available. Please help.

you cant play avi files on the iPad, you need to play a supported video file. (mpeg4 for example)

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

kenmun

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 08:34:37 PM »
Hi,

Is there a way to associate the avi file with another player app automatically in webaccess on the iPad or have it open with another app? I noticed the function is available for mov or wmv files which are not native to iPad but not avi. Please advice. Thanks.

Amily1012

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 02:08:21 AM »

Yes, I agree with you. It is necessary to get one video converter to convert avi to iPad.

I often use the kvisoft video converter and free download it.http://www.kvisoft.com/video-converter/