Author Topic: Cloudstor folders inaccessible from Windows computers  (Read 2113 times)

batt4u

• Calf
Cloudstor folders inaccessible from Windows computers
« on: May 03, 2012, 10:32:30 AM »

I have a CS-VW 2.0 cloudstor pogo plug.

We are having issues where some folders within our main shared folder are accessible by windows computers and some are not.  It's definitely a permission issue.

I've done the following:

- Upgraded the firmware to the last release

- Created a new folder seperate of the root shared drive on the cloudstor. Created new content, tried to access it from a couple different Windows computers (Both XP and 7), but still have permission issues accessing the data within.

There is no rhyme or reason (seen) of which folders are accessible from windows.  Macs work fine, the portable android app works great, but no windows computers.

Any ideas?

Within the GUI for the cloudstor, both Mac and Windows access is enabled.

Thanks for any guidance.

Jason

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Cloudstor folders inaccessible from Windows computers
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »

I would suggest restoring the web interface which may fix the permission issues. You can do this in the interface by going to maintenance, initialization and choosing restore without checking the erase button. Are you accessing the drive via host name or IP address?

batt4u

• Calf
Re: Cloudstor folders inaccessible from Windows computers
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »

We've been browsing via the network icon, so I'm guessing host name.  I will try and restore the web interface, but I don't see how the web interface has anything to do with folder permissions in windows networking...

Let me give this a try.