Author Topic: Linkstation Duo / PS3 Help  (Read 5293 times)

sobo1234

• Calf
Linkstation Duo / PS3 Help
« on: April 14, 2010, 05:53:49 PM »

I really need some help....

For those of you that have a PS3 and Linkstation Duo,  has anyone successfully streamed media from the Linkstation to the PS3??  I really hope that I'm doing something wrong, becuase I have media on the Linkstation and for some reason the PS3 isn't seeing the files.  I've posted many times on the PS3 forum and have has some suggestion but nothing that has worked.

I think the problem is this.....PS3 has picked up the Linkstation on the network and can see it- it shows up on my PS3 with no issue at all.  However, when I click into the PS3, it says no files.  And here where I think the issue is- The Linkstation is a server...so within that server there is the Linkstation Utilities, the Network printer, the option to add another printer and then my data folder.....I think I somehow need to point PS3 directly into that drive and not just to the Linkstation. 

One of the main resons I bought this was to be able to stream to PS3....I'd be pissed if I can't.....

Would really appreciate any feedback......

Thanks!!!!

gerald

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Duo / PS3 Help
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 06:19:14 AM »

Sorry for my poor english, but I'm french....

I have a Linkstation duo and I recently want to install DLNA server on my linkstation. This server don't work propely with firmware version 1.24. I called recently, online support for this problem. It's effectively a bug.

Now I'm waiting an upgrade.....

Regards

Gerald

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 04:03:46 PM »

@sobo1234: What is the model and firmware version the NAS is running?

@gerald: I need a little more clarification on how the "server is not working properly" and also note that we don't handle when the firmware is released overseas in Europe.

gerald

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 02:34:37 AM »

I recently contact european support for this problem. They reproduce problem and an update come later.

My problem : when I specify a directory with a lots of files and subdirectory (mp3, mov, avi...), DLNA server is invisible in iTunes. I see DLNA server on my PopCorn (another DLNA compatible product) but not in itunes. With some files and directory DLNA server is visible in itunes and PopCorn.

Then I can't access at Twonky server (blank screen) when I specify url : http://linkstationIP:9050.

Gérald

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 02:45:15 PM »

At least the problem has been replicated and noted.  Not much else I could suggest at this point, sorry. :robotsad:

axe

• Tatanka
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 05:50:37 PM »

@ Gerald

"Then I can't access at Twonky server (blank screen) when I specify url : http://linkstationIP:9050."

Same on my linkstation duo.  DLNA Server (Twonkymedia) configuration is firmware internal configured to restricvt access to DLNA configuration page (port 9050) to only localhost.  =>  only linkstation is can access the configuration page.

It seems that Buffalo uses a special / cheaper license of twonkymedia which does not allow remote access of twonkymedia / DLNA Server web configuration page.

toska

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 03:53:57 PM »

I am having the same issue. On 2 occasions i have managed to get the config page at 9050 to open but on every other occasion i just get a blank page. On the occasions when i got the confi page open i force a database refresh and the PS3 worked and saw all the files but since i restarted my Linkstation duo running f/w 1.24 i now get the blank page all the time and PS3 has stopped working again? Emailed support and they said maybe the next firmware would work, maybe.. not amused!

gerald

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 09:29:11 AM »

I recently upgrade my linstation duo with 1.26 firmware. My popcorn show correctly DLNA server and its containts. iTUnes don't work find.

I can't show twonky media home page at port 9050.

When I use my PSP I can see twonkymedia config page !!

Gérald

4armstar

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 11:51:09 PM »

Looks like there is a community out there with the same problem... I found out on this thread after my posting in this forum with the same problem

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Linkstation-Duo-Media-Server-amp-PS3/td-p/30378

vivick

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 03:47:57 AM »

Dude,

I have the same problem, upgrading to last  firmware on linkstation  to 1.33 and PS3 to 3.41 does not help... I still can not see Linkstation from my PS3 ...and from my Linkstation no PS3.

One thing interesing: it used to work once before...it is when I rebooted once the linkstation it stopped to work

Also ...using VAIO Plus on PC ...which is a similare interface as PS3 but on PC,  it does not see Linkstation...I believe it is a probleme of DLNA in the PS3 or in the Linkstation... the way both should talk may be not correct...it is certainly a bug between the 2 version.

I think it should work : using the version 1.24 in the linkstation (version I got when I acquired it) and one of the previous version of PS3 ( below 3.41)...because for me it worked, I just don't remember which version I had in PS3 at this time...I have upgraded the PS3 to catchup with new fixe..did not think about keeping some note.

I would try to down grade PS3...but I don't know how to do it?

If you have any idea let me know...I'm desesperate!

mbnichols

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 03:34:00 AM »

Hi All,

I'm glad I have found this forum.

I have a Linkstation Duo LS-WX4.0TL (not sure what revision).

Up until two days ago I had no troubles with accessing the NAS from the PS3. The PS3 automatically detected it and I could stream movies etc without any problems at all (other than sometimes network speed issues).

Since the last two days I have not been able to connect my PS3 to the NAS. When it happened, my wife was watching a show from the NAS via PS3 but it was stuttering all the time (audio would progress with video frozen, would catch up and the repeat). When this happened in the past I rebooted the NAS and/or the router and everything was fine. I did that, and since then the PS3 has not detected the NAS.

I am able to access the NAS without issue from my PC (Win7). I have full internet connectivity with the PS3. In any case I upgraded the NAS firmware to 1.33. I upgraded the router firmware (DLink DIR-825). I have the latest software for the PS3, apparently. I have tried accessing the NAS login page and the bittorrent page from the PS3 internet browser, and it only really loads part of the way. It never loads completely and I am not able to login or see anything, just the "loading" or the "buffalo" symbol above the login area (with no login boxes).

I have contacted Buffalo support, according to them I have done everything from the side of the NAS. I contacted PS3 support by email, and they are no help at all. I have yet to contact DLink, but I don't think the router is the issue frankly since there is full connectivity between all machines.

Since there wasn't an instance of "upgrade software -> not working anymore" I don't understand what has changed. As good as I can recall, I was still watching shows from the NAS via PS3 even after the last PS3 upgrade. And I know I didn't upgrade any NAS firmware prior to not working. So what could it be?

Everything I try doesn't work and I don't understand why this has all of a sudden stopped working.

If anyone has any suggestions my wife and I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

mbnichols

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 03:37:56 AM »

I have same problem as vivick

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 08:54:13 AM »

You could always try resetting the unit, reflashing it with the 1.24 firmware version and then resetting the media server. You also may want to set a static ip address on both units.

mbnichols

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 01:47:01 AM »

Firmware reflash back to 1.24 works

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 12:18:14 PM »

If you're having issues seeing the GUI of the BitTorrent client that might be a limitation in the PS3 browser script execution (I'm guessing).  If the page loads partially and is constantly loading that sounds pretty close to the truth though.  You could try clearing the cache on the PS3 or even better see if the problem replicates with a PC.  If you can successfully login via PC then I would recommend going into System->Restore/Erase and click the button labelled "Restore LinkStation".  This will not affect your data however the device will reset to DHCP acquisition and obtain the next available IP from your router (so if you have it set to static currently you'll have to set it back to static after this procedure).  Please post back your results.  Thanks :robothappy: