Author Topic: LS-CHL install problem.  (Read 4481 times)

iftikar666

• Calf
LS-CHL install problem.
« on: November 27, 2008, 03:30:51 PM »

LS-CHL install problem.

I have recently purchased a LS-CH 1.0TL and am really struggling to get it installed.

I have followed all the instructions as detailed in the meagre instructions and after finding the linkstation on the network it says "Did not answer to replay command" (or similair).  After this setup finishes and says unable to setup linkstation, after this the install package will not find the linkstation again and I have to revert to factory settings.  The linkstation has been given an IP address but I am unable to ping it and via by Home Hub it shows as inactive.  I have also tried to plug the drive directly into a PC and get exactly the same response, I have switched off AV and all firewalls and still get same issue.

Has anyone had this before or have any advice on this?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

matthestar

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL install problem.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 01:31:33 PM »
   When you plug it directly into your PC it is likely that your PC will be given a strange IP address. You need to set your IP to something like 192.168.0.0 and it should find it.

iftikar666

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 02:56:35 AM »

Thanks for the reply - I tried that this morning - it seemed to install correctly, however after a restart to change security settings Vista had forgotten it was there and the LED was flashing red.

Anyone else had this?

iftikar666

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 03:04:09 AM »

Just to clarify it flashes six times - pauses and then does it again.

HELP!!!

iftikar666

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 04:38:27 AM »
   Just as an update - I have spoken to Buffalo tech support this morning and the unit is faulty - so I will be replacing