Author Topic: HS-DH500GL not holding IP Address  (Read 1403 times)

Thechef

• Calf
HS-DH500GL not holding IP Address
« on: April 08, 2010, 02:46:26 AM »

I've recently performed a Firmware flash on my HS-DHGL (after having HD issues - which sare now resolved) however, i'm having troubles connecting to the NAS.  Using the Navi software, I set the IP Address to use DHCP. 

Now, with the NAS plugged into the router, I switch it on, after a few seconds I see the NAS as an attached device on my router and the 'link' light (on the front panel of the NAS) flash.  However, after another few seconds, the link light stops flashing and the IP address is released by the router?

Any ideas what this could be?  I'm pretty sure its not the router as this is exactly the same config as it was before - and i've had no issues like this before. 

Thanks 

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: HS-DH500GL not holding IP Address
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 03:01:12 AM »

What issues were you having before you flashed the firmware?  Is there any error lights blinking on the unit?  If you can set a static ip address, do you get the same results?  This might be far fetched but the NIC might be going out.

Thechef

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 06:15:58 AM »

The HDD failed on me - i've since replaced this (as per my previous thread) however, I now cannot seem to assign an IP Address.

I gave my PC a 169.0.0.1 address (subnet 255.0.0.0) and I can now see the NAS using NASNavi.  However, if I try and change the IP address I get a message "Attempt to change IP Address failed"?? 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 06:25:29 AM »

Keep it directly connected and force the firmware on the unit go to the 2nd FAQ Force Firmware Procedure.