Author Topic: Serious problems upgrading Linstation Pro 250G after EM mode - 'confirm response' error  (Read 3900 times)

nikosgi

• Calf

Hi all

I have been trying for quite some to resurrect my LS Pro after it entered EM upon a power failure. The contents are valuable and I am only interested in solutions that will salvage it -rather than reformatting the drive (frankly I'm throwing it away once done).

1st point I want to raise is that there should be a Mac updater from Buffalo..

In any case I am doing the following (after a lot of forum searching):

- use a windows XP laptop, powered through Mains

- crossover-cable connecting to EM'ed LS Pro

- WiFi on laptop disabled

- Windows firewall disabled

- MCaffee firewall, av etc disabled

- Local Network set-up between the two with the laptop being assigned an IP of 192.168.11.1 (the LS is at 192.168.11.150 )

- Run the LSUpdate (the newest version 1.15(?)) and wait

- and wait

- there seems to be a loop of rebooting/checking (is it normal) after 5 mins or so that can last 30min or more.

- then a popup saying that the communication failed with the LS is displayed (can't confirm response I think)

Any ideas??

Many thanks guys!

N

nikosgi

• Calf
   hi - any help from buffalo gurus??

nikosgi

• Calf

A correction!

The actual message is:

'couldn't pass the authentication. please confirm again admin password for LS-GL-EM7B8'

not sure how i can go past this.....

Paul

• Big Bull

No need for a cross over cable, but you should default the unit with the INIT button in the back.  Then power off the unit.  Once the unit is powered off then hold in the INIT button when it is powering on (this will force the unit into EM mode).

once its booted, force the firmware on the unit, the instructions are in the link below. 

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=277&query.id=19283#M277

nikosgi

• Calf

Paul, my LS pro is already in EM. I have pressed the INIT button too (got the jingle sound)

The firmware flash does not work, tried both 1.11 and 1.15. The message in the end of the flashing is 'couldn't pass the authentication. please confirm again admin password for LS-GL-EM7B8'

Paul

• Big Bull
What region was this unit purchased in? 

nikosgi

• Calf
   UK, Paul but it's just out of gtee...

Paul

• Big Bull
Have you tried the firmware force?

nikosgi

• Calf
   yes. I have used the debug menu to force the update

Paul

• Big Bull

You can try the TFTP software here is a link on how to use it as well as a link to down load it

tftp

captfsh

• Calf

Hello,

I am also experiencing this error.  

PC is win7 x32bit. 

Connected directly to NAS (TS-H0.0TGL/R5) bought in US. 

PC configured as 192.168.11.1.

First error was "TFTP Mode E06 Lost boot image?"

I ran the TFTP program (TFTP Boot Recovery TS-HTGL-R5 1.20?) and everything seemed to work.  I was able to pass the blocks and the NAS seemed to reset itself. 

After that, the display reads "Emergency Mode No Array Info" .  From there, I then ran the forced firmware Debug mode (latest v1.35).  I even had it repair the Partitition Tables.  But, within about 10 seconds, I get the error message popup stating, " couldn't pass the authentication. please confirm again admin password?".  And then the firmware updater stops. 

There was no popup asking me for the password in the first place.  I have ran this several times in several configurations - even without the debug mode - and they have all failed with the same authentication error messsage.

Also note, if I restart the NAS, I have to repeat everything all over again as the NAS goes back in to the "Lost Boot Image" state.

Any assistance woudl be greatly appreciated.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

captfsh wrote:

Hello,

I am also experiencing this error.  

PC is win7 x32bit. 

Connected directly to NAS (TS-H0.0TGL/R5) bought in US. 

PC configured as 192.168.11.1.

First error was "TFTP Mode E06 Lost boot image?"

I ran the TFTP program (TFTP Boot Recovery TS-HTGL-R5 1.20?) and everything seemed to work.  I was able to pass the blocks and the NAS seemed to reset itself. 

After that, the display reads "Emergency Mode No Array Info" .  From there, I then ran the forced firmware Debug mode (latest v1.35).  I even had it repair the Partitition Tables.  But, within about 10 seconds, I get the error message popup stating, " couldn't pass the authentication. please confirm again admin password?".  And then the firmware updater stops. 

There was no popup asking me for the password in the first place.  I have ran this several times in several configurations - even without the debug mode - and they have all failed with the same authentication error messsage.

Also note, if I restart the NAS, I have to repeat everything all over again as the NAS goes back in to the "Lost Boot Image" state.

Any assistance woudl be greatly appreciated.

Once its in EM mode, reinstall the 1.33 firmware (not 1.35) to over come this error.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

captfsh

• Calf

Once its in EM mode, reinstall the 1.33 firmware (not 1.35) to over come this error.?

HOORAY!!

I downloaded the 1.33 firmware and configured it for Debug mode.  I then had no problem updating the device's firmware.  It even asked me for the password this time.  Updating took about 20-30 minutes.

I then took the huge leap to update that firmware to 1.35.  That one was a bit more problematic as I had a real tough time getting the NAS in to the EM mode.  Funny thing, after the firmware updated, everything on the web admin came up in Oriental script.  After a couple of hard reboots and reinitializing, I was able to get the English version.

I am now back to full operation.  Thank you much Davo and everyone else here who has sweated years away to find ways to recover their NAS boxes.