Author Topic: Terastation Live showing E22 Error after power outage - help!  (Read 2705 times)

LaDolceVita

• Calf

Hi,

I have a Terastation live which has worked well at home for the last few years. I upgraded the origina 250Gb drives to 1Tb ones as I ran out of space. I'm running firmware 214-1.02 with Raid 5. I have circa 2.7Tb of file archives on this box. Most of this data is my second or third copy eg camera pics and office docs but around a quarter of it is my only copy eg downloaded media. Yes I know thats wrong, but this was bought to be my reliable RAID protected storage box. You live and learn.

Once every year or so we get a power outage which doesn't affect any other piece of electrical equipment in the house apart from the terastation. this has always  given me the E04 error to which I duly reload  the firmware and then the system is back with all my data as though nothing has happened.

We had a power blip a few days ago and this time I have an E22 error saying it cannot read my disks. The Gui is showing that the drives are unformatted. I have tried to follow the how to debrick your terastation tutorials and how to force your firmware to no avail. Right clicking on the tsupdater taskbar doesn't give me a debug option. I cannot get it to accept the same firmware under EM mode either. I have amended the lines in tsupdater.ini but this doesn't work. My version of tsupdater appears to be version 1.0.0.

Can anyone please advise me what my options are? Is it  salvage-able? At the minute I'm thinking of ripping the drives from the TS, purchasing appropriate hardware to mount them onto a desktop PC then using linux or another program I've read about somewhere to retrieve the data from them onto some new storage, either another NAS box (says quietly - the LG N2B1 looks interesting) or onto a dedicated storage server (whichever is cheaper!). I can then flatten the terastation and re-use it as a second copy of another NAS box. 

Can anyone also recommend a suitable UPS that they have experience of working with the TS so that if I can recover the data and choose to throw it back at it  then at least I'll know its safe the next time we have a power blip.

Many thanks. 

James

LaDolceVita

• Calf
Re: Terastation Live showing E22 Error after power outage - help!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 06:45:53 AM »

I've just answered one of my questions.:smileyhappy: My TSupdater from the latest firmware update definately doesn't have the debug option so I downloaded the firmware update from a TS Pro which has a later version of TSupdater. This has the debug option!! Reflashed the firmware and I have a fully working TS Live again. 

Can anyone please answer my other question about a recommended UPS as I really don't want to go through this stress again next time there is a power blip.

Thanks

James

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Terastation Live showing E22 Error after power outage - help!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:49:35 PM »

I would recommend APC's smart UPS line:

http://www.apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13