Author Topic: An error in a RAID Array has been detected  (Read 2553 times)

markus

• Calf
An error in a RAID Array has been detected
« on: April 02, 2010, 06:55:30 PM »

Hi,

I've seen a number of posts that seem to get this error, but it always seems to be followed by not being able to restructure the RAID array and being told one of the HDD's is U/S.

This problem seems to be a bit different.

I've had the Buffalo LS-WTGL/R1-V3 F/W 3.09 for a few weeks and it's given me endless grief (I won't go into the continually vanishing USB drives and their folders). Mainly that I get the error:-

Error has occurred in RAID Array1.

Disk 1     RAID Array 1     ST31000528AS     931.5 GB
 Disk 2     RAID Array 1     ST31000528AS     931.5 GB

An error in a RAID Array has been detected.
Select restructuring disk and click `Restructuring RAID Array`.
So I tick Disk 1 and select "Restructure RAID Array". After a long period of time if ends up recovering the RAID and not showing any issues, then a few days to a week later is comes up with the same problem again. This is now the 3rd time I've had to do this.

The hard drives are brand new Seagate 1TB drives that were bought when I got the Buffalo NAS. So with the brand new 5 year warranty drives I assume the Buffalo is probably acting up.

Any thoughts as to what's going on and how to fix it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Markus

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: An error in a RAID Array has been detected
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:27:46 PM »

It obviously has something to do with disk 1.  Try pulling off the data and force updating the firmware with the option to "rebuild partition table" checked (this will delete everything on the unit).  If you are still having the issues it is possible that there is a physical malfuntion with the HDD.