Author Topic: Terastation Pro II - Domain users  (Read 4150 times)

aolong62

• Calf
Terastation Pro II - Domain users
« on: November 24, 2008, 01:01:50 PM »
   I can join AD domain and add users from AD; however, once the users are added and I apply the changes, a domain user shows up only as "[OUR_DOMAIN](DOMAIN)", so all users appear the same and I have no idea which entry relates to which domain user. Before adding them, they show in the All Users section as "[OUR_DOMAIN]+[username](DOMAIN), which is right.

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Re: Terastation Pro II - Domain users
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »
Make sure you are running the latest firmware on the device, this should expand the access restrictions boxes so you are able to see the actual user names as well.

aolong62

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 07:19:44 AM »

Ran the upgrade... Now I don't see any domain users or groups at all. All Users contains only Admin and Guest (from the local list, I assume). I rejoined the AD domain, and it succeeds, but I still see no AD objects except for the two I added before the f/w update (which still show as only [OUR_DOMAIN](DOMAIN).

Next, I tried resetting to factory defaults, and now the unit is not detected at all by the navigator software, even though the display on the unit lists a dhcp aquired address. I cannot open it http either, but it responds to a ping.

Message Edited by aolong62 on 11-25-2008 08:35 AM

aolong62

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 07:50:24 AM »
   OK, after rebooting, the unit is accessible again but AD is still not functioning. I see no AD users or groups in the "All Users".

aolong62

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 02:54:32 PM »

It appears the 1.33 firmware is very buggy. I spent 2 hours on the phone with support trying to fix AD integration with no success. The last ditch effort, re-installing 1.31 firmware, did the trick and AD users and groups are now showing properly.

For anyone interested... the installer on the 1.33 firmware did not work properly; the final prompt actually returned what were probably Japanese characters (just code, cause I don't have the charset), and when the update should have rebooted the unit, it merely shut-down while the installer waits and waits... finally declaring the unit is not responding. I had to manually power-up for the update to finish, only to find all AD integration was gone.

Message Edited by aolong62 on 11-25-2008 03:59 PM