Author Topic: Bug in HS-DHGL FW 2.11beta?  (Read 6213 times)

thetimo

• Tatanka
Bug in HS-DHGL FW 2.11beta?
« on: March 19, 2010, 11:41:06 AM »

The starting utility in 2.11 beta's zip begins to search for an LS-GL -device. Hopefully it will be fixed in the post-beta version of the package so that it starts to look for a right Link Station.

In case the LS-GL refers to a Link Station-?? -device, there's something else wrong in the software since it can't find my nas. My HS-DHGL has firmware v 2.10 installed.

Memoryman

• El Toro
Re: Bug in HS-DHGL FW 2.11beta?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 03:16:03 PM »

we just tried it here, and our downloaded 2.11 is looking for the correct part number.  Please delete your download and download again - maybe your download was corrupted. Always download, and install FW over a wired connection.

thetimo

• Tatanka
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 07:56:45 AM »

New download helped, thanks. :smileyhappy:

thetimo

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 04:05:09 AM »

After installing the beta-fw, some unstable action has come up. The menu in the left doesn't remain the same all the time, at least the " I'm here"-button tends to disappear occasionally. Also the response time after clicking the left hand area is sometimes too long for Firefox.

Is it possible to downgrade to the 2.10 fw? When trying to find the NAS with 2.10's LSUpdater, the software doesn't find the unit with the newer fw.  :smileysad:

If the downgrading is not possible, I really hope the stable version of 2.11 will be released soon.

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »

2.11 was released in Jan 09 - not as Beta. I suggest you do a force firmware or TFTP like in the stickies. It sounds like the FW didn't fully load.

thetimo

• Tatanka
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 05:16:22 AM »

The 2.11 is shown as beta on the European download page. I noticed that in the US page it is not a beta, but can I copy it from there? The model HS-DHGL is not particulary shown there, only a loose 'Linkstation Live' definition. :smileysurprised:

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 03:54:47 PM »

Downl;oad using the "Choose a Buffalo part number" and you can select HS-DHxxGL. However, install at your own risk, as sometimes the UK and US hardware versions can be different and installing FW meant for a different controller chip, can brick the unit.

It looks like the UKs beta version came out later than our final version. Before a release, we sometimes have several versions of FW with the same top level revision. I'll check with the UK and find out what they say about their Beta.

thetimo

• Tatanka
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 04:00:22 AM »

I appreciate the info you gave but I'm not keen on doing anything solely 'on my own risk' at this stage. There are such data files on the nas now.

If I downgrade the fw to 2.10, can I expect the shares to be maintained? When I upgraded to 2.11b, all shares were removed and all the data in those shares too. Was it because of the beta-phase of the fw or is it normal?

And is it possible to downgrade in general?

thetimo

• Tatanka
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »

Another pump up...

Has this downgrade ever been done by anybody?? And did the shares remain? :smileywink:

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 03:41:33 PM »

I alerted the UK to the Beta file on their site and they have requested their update from Japan, so all the UK users can have the proper final version for UK hardware.

thetimo - you could always do a "force firmware" as described in the stickies.

Blexley

• Tatanka
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 05:17:16 AM »

It still says 2.11beta :(

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »

Apologies, but the UK support will update their site when they have the update available.

strelley

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 04:03:33 AM »
   They must have forgotten as it's been 3 weeks and is not like the USA firmware is any different from the UK version as the only difference between the units is the mains plug.And considering the UK pay more money per unit due to the exchange rate you would have thought the UK would have been updated with everybody else at the same time instead of being treated as a 2nd class as and when. :( I have two other brands of NAS drives made by other companys and they don't differentiate between customers from different countrys when it comes to firmware upgrades so this seems to be a Buffalo thing. ?

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 01:57:12 AM »

All of the hardware and software are specifc to each region.  UK customers cannot download our fimware and we cannot download yours.   I will pass this up and see if we can get it taken care of.  Please read the post below and read drmemorys post.

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Lounge-Everything-non-product/Why-different-web-sites/td-p/25120

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 01:40:19 PM »

I am contacting the Japan engineers too, to try and get the FW update for the UK site.