Author Topic: No DLNA after firmware update on LS-WXL559  (Read 6000 times)

PeterSmithson

• Calf
Re: No DLNA after firmware update on LS-WXL559
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 01:13:27 AM »
One of the things I did was - disable dlna service, reboot then enable. Not sure what "fixed" it. After saying it was working, it failed after first reboot. I played with the settings again and now it seems to be working despite around three reboots. So random!

Do you have an old router just in case it is that?

ian21a

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 11:37:19 AM »
It's a fairly new router. The Verizon Actiontec M1424-WR.
I've not yet tried performing the actions you suggest (not in that order anyway!) so I will give that a whirl!

ian21a

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 04:57:36 PM »

Nah, still not working, but have an idea to try get around what I think may be the problem with my router. Will report back when I've had chance to try it!

ian21a

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 05:34:53 PM »

FIXED!!! - for me at least..

So I have found a solution that works in my situation.

The problem was NOT with the NAS  but with my Verizon FIOS router. (Needless to say, tech support of Verizon could not come up with anything more creative than "change the wi-fi channel" to help me and then tried to sell me a premium tech support service.)

So I came to think that for some reason the Verizon Fios router was blocking DLNA on the wireless side (it would work on devices wired via ethernet.). That made me wonder if there was a way I could access the dirve wirelessly but bypass the Verizon router.

So I dug out an old Linkysys wireless router I had lying around and followed these instructions on how to use a router as a Wireless Access Point (WAP):

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-basics/30338-how-to-convert-a-wireless-router-into-an-access-point

I now have the NAS plugged via ethernet into the Linksys. Any device that uses DLNA connects to my network via that router. And everything is working like a charm.

I know everyone has different setups, but hopefully this may be useful to others having DLNA issues.

Good luck

Ian