Author Topic: Linkstation mini with NASNavigator2 and Windows 7  (Read 1619 times)

ant1

• Calf
Linkstation mini with NASNavigator2 and Windows 7
« on: March 11, 2010, 05:26:42 PM »

Hello all.

I am using a linkstation mini on a home network. Computers are on Windows 7 with NASNavigator2. The mini is mapped on a drive letter.

I have 2 problems. One quite bad, the other just annoying. Can't resolve these.

1. Every time a computer restarts or goes to sleep, the connection is lost. I need to go to windows explorer and click on the mini's drive letter to reconnect it. Until I do this, all other apps (iTunes, Picasa, etc.) cannot access the mini or its data. I need to keep it permanently connected and automatically reconnected after sleep or restart. Please do you know of any way to do this?

2. A trashbox folder appears at the root of the mini, while a $RECYCLE.BIN folder appears at the root of every folder (pictures, videos, etc.) This is very annoying, these folders pollute menus from different apps. When I delete them they reappear, so ideally I would make them hidden. However it does not seem to work. Please could you indicate a way to achieve this?

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Antoine from London.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation mini with NASNavigator2 and Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 01:54:23 AM »

1.  When you map the drive there should be a box that you can check that says "automatically reconnect at login", so try disconnecting and reconnecting to them.

2.  You can simply disable the recycle bin if that is what you want to do.  Just go to the shared folder section of the web interface, click on the share and disable it.  I would make sure to delete the contents first.

disputator

• Buffalo
Re: Linkstation mini with NASNavigator2 and Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 03:47:36 AM »

With the last one I think this one is different. The LinkStation bin is called trashbox. If you mount it as a drive than Windows puts the receicle bin in. I would right click the windows bin and open the properties. It is straight forward.