Author Topic: Web Access after Power-Down  (Read 1333 times)

Buffalofreund

• Calf
Web Access after Power-Down
« on: February 28, 2010, 07:44:42 AM »

Hi,

when I switch off and on my Mini Link Station, all information concerning web access is lost. (web access is deactivated, before power off/on it was activated) Why that? Is there any possibility to keep the web access status after power off/ power on?

Gerhard

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Web Access after Power-Down
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 11:03:33 PM »

It should never get deactivated.  Make sure that you have the most recent firmware and then update it and reinit the unit.

Buffalofreund

• Calf
Re: Web Access after Power-Down
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 07:14:45 AM »

The latest firmware is installed  and I also made an Init.

However, the linkstation keeps only the web access "Allow Anonymous"  from the folders setup, but not the settings from the service setup. After power down/power up the Web Access service is always disabled. However, to get an local access to the the link station (with URL:9000/?location=/share/.../  ) using a webbrowser I need the Web access Service enabled.

I never configurated the station for Buffalonas acces, because I use it only in a local network. That means, in the service setup I have the following settings:

Web Access Service                 enable

Https.....                                       disable

Use BuffaloNas ...........             disable

No BuffaloNas settings

DNS                                               any hostname, otherwise I cannot save and enable the Web Access Service

UPNP                                             Auto

Port                                                 Any

With this configuration I get a local acces to my link station, but the acces is discontinued afert power off/power on. It had to be configurated newly. How can I avoid this?

I appreciate any help

Gerhard