Author Topic: HUGE BUG for Linkstation Live LS-CHL  (Read 7767 times)

ATB

• Calf
HUGE BUG for Linkstation Live LS-CHL
« on: November 22, 2008, 02:40:54 AM »

I just purchase the Linkstation Live LS-CHL 1TB version last weekend, as for original owner of linkstation 1 with Power PC chipset , I know what I am getting of. There are several bugs in LS-CHL, 1st, You can not delete the folder that created and download by bittorrent. 2nd, the bittorrent manager setting tends to reset and can not save the setting. 3rd, THE Hugest bug I have encounter and cost me a lot! I had attached an external harddrive via usb and try to format it in web GUI panel, I choose the USBDISK (NOT the internal one), I choose to format with EXT3 so at least I got chance to read and write the external drive on xp machine with ext2if. I input the verify code to start the process. **bleep**! My LS-CHL start blinking, it doesn't seems like it is formatting the external HDD, It look more likely formatting the internal disk! It is still blinking at this moment when I type this topic, it is going on for 8hrs already, don't know when it will stop, but once it stop, I assume all my data will be GONE! Be warn !!! BACK UP everything you have before you attemp to format you external hard drive because It might end up with your internal hard drive got formated.

gnas969

• Calf
Re: HUGE BUG for Linkstation Live LS-CHL
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 06:03:53 AM »
   this sounds serious I too would like to see a solution to this.

ATB

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 09:32:12 AM »
   14 hrs has been passed, It is still blining, I tried to turn off the power but the switch doesn't work. I am thiniking to unplug the power now. Does any one know how long does it take to complete format the hard drive in 1TB model?

ATB

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 10:31:49 AM »

Ok I finally unplug the power and restart the LS-CHL. Now it is back online and it seems everything still intact!

So what happened? It never actually format the internal disk neither the external disk. It just cycle through this format command? Now I don't know what to say, maybe Buffalo tech support can have some exploitation.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 06:20:03 PM »
I would force the firmware and set the unit back to factory defaults with the web interface.  This will not cause data loss.

ATB

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 07:15:01 PM »
   I tried with other external hard drive and found an conclusion. The LS-CHL doesn't work with Prolific chipset external hard drive. LS-CHL can see the drive but can not mount the drive for unknow reason, that cause the LS-CHL not able to format the external hard drive and it just went coo coo. Maybe I am newbie or what but for some reason, when I used the LS-CHL to format external hard drive with EXT3, the external drive can not be read on XP. Don't get me wrong, I used ext2if/ext2fsd and non of them will work with the external drive just got formated with EXT3. So I went the other way, I formated the external drive with EXT3 partition by using Acronis Disk Director to see if it will work. The external drive can be read/write on my pc after formated by Acronis Disk Director and it is EXT3 format, but the external drive can not work with LS-CHL, LS-CHL does see the external drive but can not mount. Does LS-CHL using some speical ext3 format or what?