Author Topic: Can not acces or delete backup folder/directory on TS-HTGL/R5  (Read 1222 times)

Xoomtell

• Calf
Can not acces or delete backup folder/directory on TS-HTGL/R5
« on: February 21, 2010, 04:19:49 AM »

Hi

Made a Windows backup of my Vista 64 before upgrading to Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. When finished backing up I tried to go into the backup directory folder, but with no luck. I did not pay much attention to it then, but just jumped on to the upgrading to Windows 7. After upgrading I did just delete a lot of stuff inside the same folder as the backup directory was placed. So only thing that was left was the backup directory. BUt I can still not get into it - it tells me I can not get access because I do not have permission. I have tried deleting it as well but with no luck. I then have tried to change the permission for that ecxact directory but that is not possible. The owner is Buffalo/Admin - but how do I get into it as Buffalo/admin and delete it? It is paced in \\BUFFALO4T\share\BACKUPs\Backup_Vista - where Backup_Vista is the direvtory that I can not delete or acces.

I have the TS-HTGL/R5  with latest F/W 1.33 - running Windows 7 Pro 64.

Any clues? Can I access the folder some how and delete it? I just want to delete it all, because I did a succesfull upgrade with no lost data or anything. So I could use the 350 GB of space it uses. I can not just format og delete the whole share because I have lots of other data on the TS-HTGL/R5 that I need to store and I do not have space enough to back it up elsewhere while I reformat the TS-HTGL/R5....so....

Sorry for my bad english.

:)
Morten