Author Topic: LinkStation Quad Firmware, TFTP, other questions....  (Read 5029 times)

boopman

• Calf
LinkStation Quad Firmware, TFTP, other questions....
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:49:09 PM »

LinkStation Quad LS-QL/R5 4.0T

1) What is the latest firmware for this unit? The unit orignally had 1.04, I upgraded to 1.10. However, I see version 1.11 being talked about, and it seems that i remember seeing a user directed to upgrade to 1.11 to see if it solved his problems. http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/ only lists 1.10.

2) Is there a 1.10 (or 1.11) updater for MAC?

3) If I ever need it - what is the correct TFTP boot image for a LinkStation Quad LS-QL/R5 4.0T ? The site i see referenced here in the forum ( ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/nas-recovery/ ) doesn't seem to have anything that to me is easily recognizable as being for this model.

4) Is there a TFTP image for a MAC? I brought me work PC home tonight to re-flash my Quad - finally figured out how to force the updater to re-flash the same image. It'd be a lot easier to have MAC software available, since I bought the Buffalo because it claimed to offer MAC support.

Thanks!

BTW - The Time Machine works swell for multple MACs!

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation Quad Firmware, TFTP, other questions....
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 01:17:07 PM »

1.) 1.10 available for download

2.) No

3.) File:TFTP Boot Recovery LS-QTL 1.04.exe

4.) No

unai

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 12:29:31 PM »

I have recently bought a Buffalo Linkstation (model name: LS-QL) and when I connect through the web interface it says that the firmware version is 1.11. Screenshot -- http://screencast.com/t/SMsii0KNJHu8

I am trying to get a better bittorrent client.

Could anyone confirm what is the latest firmware version, how to get it and if there are plans to release any updates?

Thank you so much,

Unai Rodriguez

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 12:39:22 PM »

unai wrote:

I have recently bought a Buffalo Linkstation (model name: LS-QL) and when I connect through the web interface it says that the firmware version is 1.11. Screenshot -- http://screencast.com/t/SMsii0KNJHu8

I am trying to get a better bittorrent client.

Could anyone confirm what is the latest firmware version, how to get it and if there are plans to release any updates?

Thank you so much,

Unai Rodriguez

you're on the latest firmware for your unit.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Davefromsheffield

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 08:52:48 AM »
Anyone have a copy of TFTP Boot Recovery LS-QTL 1.04.exe?  All links seem to be broken