Author Topic: LinkStation WebAccess - Very very slow  (Read 7219 times)

Agent_Trig

• Calf
LinkStation WebAccess - Very very slow
« on: February 15, 2010, 04:11:31 AM »

Ok, I can now access my LinkStation via WebAccess thanks to your help on this forum :-) But it seems very slow.

For example, I can stream MP3s from it, but it will not even attempt to stream a 200mb video file.  Also when I try to upload anything to it using the WebAccess upload function, it simply does not work - I have left a 300k file for over half an hour uploading only to give up as it still hadn't uploaded.  As there is no upload status bar, it's hard to tell if anything is actually happening or not.

Does anyone have any ideas why it is so slow to read and write through the WebAccess?

Cheers

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: LinkStation WebAccess - Very very slow
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:37:14 AM »

A big factor will be your router speed along with the connection speed from your isp.

Agent_Trig

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:42:48 AM »

I totally understand this but surely I should be able to upload a 300k file in under 30mins?

Just so you have a bit more info to go on... I have a 6.5MB connection and during the day I can sustain a good 500k download speed and a 50k upload speed.

rogie

• Calf
Re: question WebAccess - Very very slow
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 07:36:16 AM »

I have been looking for an answer to this for over 9 months now and I have found nothing to help.

I run a gigabit only system. I have also plugged the linkstation into my PC directly and eliminated every thing out of the system apart from the PC (GIGABIT) and the Linkstation and still have to wait for well over a minute sometimes for a page to appear.

It is not our networks that are slow it is the linkstation.

Is there anyone at Buffalo that can shed any kind of light on this at all.

I know I am not the only person out there having this problem I have found many threads on many forums where this question is asked and answers come back blaming the network speed and then when the speed of the network is fixed and the problem is still there the thread goes cold.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 12:45:05 PM »

Rogie, what firmware version are you runnign and what unit do you have? And is this slow access over the internet only or does the same thing when you access it locally? When I access my webaccess it takes about 30 seconds to load up but after that file access is quick and everything loads just fine.

private65

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »

im sorry, but i have to agree. This this is SLOW and its nothing to do with internet speed or router speed, I too have tried various different methods. SLOW.

Are you going to fix it buffalo, or shall we all get refunds?

In the time its taken to log into web access I have registered on the forum and written this... oh and Im still waiting.

rogie

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »

Hi I am now running 1.56 and this seems to have speeded things up a bit but now the BT Functionality is not working.

I had three of these but lost one of them while it was doing the firmware update.

I had to pop the case to rescue the data so it's warrant is now viod....

Looking into other solution's now.

Rogie

wlinden

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »

Hallo together,

I have just the same problems. My Linkstation LS-WXL worked very well till last week. I could download pretty well, but upload would cause a network timeout. So I've patch the firmeware to the latest version 1.63. I've reformatted both disks. Now I can upload files again but at a speed of approx. 160 kb/s.

By the way, the network can't be the problem because I connected the Linkstation for reloading the data DIRECTLY to my PC.

There must be something that makes writing operations so very slow, but the only Information I can get are the information by the web interface and there is no logfile to take a look on.

Regards

Wolf

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 03:39:32 AM »

wlinden wrote:

Hallo together,

I have just the same problems. My Linkstation LS-WXL worked very well till last week. I could download pretty well, but upload would cause a network timeout. So I've patch the firmeware to the latest version 1.63. I've reformatted both disks. Now I can upload files again but at a speed of approx. 160 kb/s.

By the way, the network can't be the problem because I connected the Linkstation for reloading the data DIRECTLY to my PC.

There must be something that makes writing operations so very slow, but the only Information I can get are the information by the web interface and there is no logfile to take a look on.

Regards

Wolf

Are you talking about samba acces or web access?!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

wlinden

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 08:16:52 AM »

I will use samba access. .

I recognized that I wrote in the wrong post because this is about web access. So I moved the content of my post to
http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Linkstation-Duo-LS-WX1-0TL-R1-very-slow-write/m-p/107454/highlight/true#M51393

Sorry.