Author Topic: All data lost?  (Read 1847 times)

aljosamotore

• Calf
All data lost?
« on: January 30, 2010, 06:21:58 AM »

Hi!

I recentlly bought one TeraStation TS-XL. I used if for some days. Then there was electrical failure (out of electricity).

So, the story starts here:

Wen I want to turn unit on it was rebooted several times and after that I got a message: Emergency mode No array info or something similar. So I try to reboot it one time more and I get the same error. I was not able to connecto to unit via WebBrowser. So I check forums and I upload new firmware 1.20. Everything was great until I log via Web Browser. Ok, password was resseted on original settings. And everything else. RAID was set on 0 insted of 5 as it was in the beginning. So you can imagine: I can not get any data from disk? What should I do? I am very dissapointing for stability of BUFFALO Tera Station. Can anybody help me.

Thanks in advance!

cybermall

• Calf
Re: All data lost?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 06:19:16 AM »

I got exactly the same problem, after EM and upgrade firmware to V1.20. Supposed RAID5 become

RAID0 and share folder show empty on my Terastation 2.0TB which contained around 500GB data.

Any chance I can recover my data? Called the support and he said I can only delete the RAID0 array

and re-create RAID5 - data confirmed all lost. I did not do what he reommended as I still believe the

data still inside.

tanjl

• El Toro
Re: All data lost?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 07:08:19 PM »

Yup recently been thru that.

Power failure and my 2tb terastation III subsequently set to RAID 0.

Heartbreaking is all i can say.

What I did to get back the data?

Two Words:RAID Recovery.

Check if desktop mainboard got more than 4 sata ports onboard. (Cool I've got 8 sata ports)

Bought a software called UFS Explorer online. (Not cheap but hey data's more impt!)

Installed it then restart computer.

Removed all 4 hdds from my Terastation.

Plug one hdd by hdd into my desktop to make sure it detects all 4 hdds.

Run the UFS explorer program, goto Raid recovery.

Select all 4 hdds with the biggest partitions.

Create soft RAID 5 recovery.

Then did a quick explore and i get to see my data!

Then went out to purchase 4x 2tb hdds WD black series.

Initialized it on my desktop first by plugging it in and seeing it on Disk Management.

Plug it back into the Terastation.

Run tftp-boot as suggested on the top of this main storage forum.

Download and run the firmware update.

After firmware update, create individual share folders in web console.

Map drive folders to computer.

Copy from UFS explorer to individual mapped drives.

There are so many choices so you might want to check out other Raid recovery programs online.