Author Topic: How do I setup a user, that does not have to login on my Linkstation?  (Read 2465 times)

_Jester_

• Calf

Since I created a user on my NAS, I have to login when I want to access the share on the NAS. I have to do it only once after starting/rebooting my PC.  I also mapped the share to a drive letter, now Windows is complaining that it can not map the shared folder (probably because I have to log on to the NAS). I did not enable user access restrictions on the shared folder.

How can I avoid this?  I do not use a password to log on to my windows PC, could that be the problem?

When I have no users defined on my NAS, then I can access the share without login.
But I need a user otherwise I can't do web access to the NAS.

Eventually I would like to have multiple users, each with their own share, but I don't want to use passwords when used in my local network. Is that possible?

My NAS is a Buffalo Linkstation (LS-CHL 1TB) with latest firmware v.1.21.

PC OS:  Windows Vista Business

Thaitawat

• Tatanka
Re: How do I setup a user, that does not have to login on my Linkstation?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 04:37:30 AM »

Your did not enable user access restrictions on the shared folder. (every one on local network can access with out password)

And you must be setting on the ‘Web Access Settings’ drop-down menu to ‘Allow All Groups/Users’ will allow only people who have an account on the LinkStation to access this share remotely.

_Jester_

• Calf
Re: How do I setup a user, that does not have to login on my Linkstation?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »

It is solved!

Windows can store your login credentials for servers, web sites and programs. When you revisit one of these locations, windows will try to log you on automatically.

I have added my linkstation name to the "Stored User Names and Passwords" window that you get by: Control Panel => User Accounts => Manage your network passwords.