Author Topic: LS-CH1.0TL, drops dead  (Read 1222 times)

io-waiter

• Calf
LS-CH1.0TL, drops dead
« on: January 18, 2010, 08:19:22 AM »

Hi, My LS-CH1.0TL has a odd issue, itīs connected to my router as is every other device in my home (Iīve tried another router too), I have three machines using my linkstation, one is an XP with memeo, the second is a MAC using time machine and the third is a linux machine accesing it over cifs. 

After he backups started running (memeo and time machine) my first linkstation died after 80GB, every service stops and the linkstation is dead to all but ping. Rebboting the machine makes it run for a few MB worth of backup before it dies, rebooting and checking the filesystem makes it run a bit longer but i still dies. Obviously I exchanged it for a newer unit, the new unit wich has the 1.21 firmware handles  a few tens of GB more worth of data before it dies in the same way. Needless to say this doesnīt put the linkstation in a very thrustworthy state. 

So any ideas why this happens and suggestions to how to solve it, I like the product and I hope to keep it, but I need it to work.

Iīve been talking to support but apart from connecting it directly to a pc apart from the net and see if the problem replicates I havenīt been able to get much out of them.

My fear is that this is an inherited problem caused by the combination of the ARM platform and XFS filesystem that triggers something fatal in rare cases, but I hope itīs something else, then I can get my linkstation up and running instead of returning it for a refund.

TIA