Author Topic: Buffalo MiniStation 500gb clicking sound and won't start  (Read 4317 times)

Crystalroselle

• Calf
Buffalo MiniStation 500gb clicking sound and won't start
« on: January 18, 2010, 02:50:01 AM »

My external Buffalo HDD won't start or appear on my computer. It keeps making a clicking sound and the light goes from green to yellow. What should I do?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Buffalo MiniStation 500gb clicking sound and won't start
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 03:11:24 AM »

If a clicking sound is coming from the ministation then it is more than likely a faulty hard drive. There is not much you can do apart from contact a data recovery compamy.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Crystalroselle

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 03:20:57 AM »

It clicks for some time before the clicking sound stops and the light goes back to green but the drive won't appear on my computer.

Is there no other solution? Is there any way to retrieve the files myself? Thanks.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 03:35:17 AM »

The only way to retrieve the files would be to contact a data recovery center so they can pull the data off if possible.  If the unit is still in warranty then we can replace it for you.

Crystalroselle

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 03:41:58 AM »

It's still under warranty but I need the data from the HDD. There's data in it that I just inserted last night before it stopped working an hour later and I need those data because I've no backup of it. Does the warranty includes data recovery or just exchange of HDD? Thanks for your responses.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 03:47:17 AM »

Unfortunetly is only covers the unit not the data.  Have you tried it on multiple PCs?