Author Topic: No access to shares  (Read 3972 times)

barry718

• Calf
No access to shares
« on: November 18, 2008, 09:36:54 AM »
   I have just purchased a Linkstation - Model: HS-DH500GL Firmware Version: 2.10.  I created some shares but I cannot access them from windows explorer after I apply access restrictions.  I am able to connect to them through buffalonas.com but when I try to access the share from windows explorer, it prompts for username/password and then rejects it.  I am using the same username/password that I use to connect to the share through buffalonas.com that works fine.   Please help.  Thank you.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: No access to shares
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 09:43:56 AM »

Go to user management a create a new user (username: test, password: test) apply. Go to the shared folder down to the bottom of the page where the access restrictions are, make sure you have the test user as the only user / group with any kind of access (move the test user to read/write and leave the rest disabled)

Now try and log onto the shared folder and when it asks you for username type "test" and password "test"

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

barry718

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 10:01:34 AM »

Thanks for the reply.  I still get the same error that the share is not accessible.[img=http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/5707/errorjk6.th.jpg][img=http://img356.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif]" alt="error">

BuffaloBrian

• BLBeta
  • <Insert car metaphor here>
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 11:16:43 AM »

Have you tried rebooting your Window's PC.  Once Windows makes a credentialed login to a network drive, it keeps that login information for the rest of that Windows session.  It's possible somehow it is using incorrect credentials from a prior login.

Keep us posted.

mtedde

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 11:46:08 AM »

same problem here;

I have tried the "test" user but nothing. 

Using buffalo NAS pro2 (2TB) and trying to access from win xp sp3.

I get "\nas\foldername is not accessible. You might not have permission..."

The folder is not accessible even from a Mac.

The folder is accessible if I remove access restriction.

Thanks in advance