Author Topic: How do I get my LinkStation Pro Duo 2T to stream to my iPhone  (Read 3532 times)

brew007

• Calf
How do I get my LinkStation Pro Duo 2T to stream to my iPhone
« on: January 11, 2010, 04:27:54 PM »

How do I get the LinkStation Pro Duo 2T to stream to my iPhone...   I'm on ver. 3.09....

I need step by step instructions please

thanks

Brew

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: How do I get my LinkStation Pro Duo 2T to stream to my iPhone
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 07:45:38 PM »

You need to make sure that you update to the 3.10 version of firmware.  From there make sure that you have your web access setup.

First start off by clicking on Web Access on the left hand side. From here you can choose which folder(s) you would like to enable for web access.

*Allow anonymous
 Allows anyone to access the share.  

*Allow all groups / users
 This will allow any user (check access restrictions first) with privileges to access the folder(s).  

*Use inherited folder permissions
 This will allow people with an account on the LinkStation to access the share remotely. They will only have access if they have read permissions on the specific share that they’re accessing.
 Once you have chosen the desired option, click apply at the bottom of the page.

Next, click on "Service Setup" on the left side (subcategory of "Web Access").

*HTTPS/SSL Encryption
 This enables or disables SSL encryption, making your data transmission more secure

*Use BuffaloNAS.com
 Using BuffaloNAS.com is an easy way to give people access to your shared folders. BuffaloNAS.com merely acts as a referral Web page, connecting your friends, family and co-workers with your LinkStation. BuffaloNAS.com does not store, save or access any of your data at any time.

*BuffaloNAS.com Name
 This is the name that you want to assign to your LinkStation and give to your friends. They will access your LinkStation under BuffaloNAS.com using this name. The system at BuffaloNAS.com will check if your name is already in use and alert you to select an alternative name if your choice is already taken. Please, be patient and do not select common names, such as “mylinkstation” or “ourfiles”.

*BuffaloNAS.com Key
 This is the password (“key”) that protects your LinkStation’s BuffaloNAS.com name. Try to select a password that is not easily guessed by others.

*DNS Hostname
 If you decide not to use BuffaloNAS.com to connect people with your LinkStation, you have to enter a fully qualified DNS hostname for your LinkStation that will resolve on the Internet.

*Auto-Configure Firewall (UPnP)
 This will setup the firewall ports on your router automatically for external Web Access to your LinkStation. Please, note that your router needs to support UPnP for this feature to work. If your router does not support UPnP, or if you have a complicated network setup you can disable this feature and configure you firewall manually.

*External Port
 This is the port that your LinkStation will use for the Web Access interface. Please, note that this is not the port for the general LinkStation administrative interface. You can enter any valid port from 1-65535. Please note that the LinkStation is always using port 9000 for internal access to the Web Access server.

Next you will want to create a name and key. As long as the name isn't already taken, you will receive acknowledgement from BuffaloNas.com

Next, once the confirmation is received, simply give the person a link (http://www.buffalonas.com/name) who you wish to allow access and you're set to go!

vineetpatel

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 07:40:22 AM »

I have the same problem running with firmware 3.09. When I go to the site to get v.3.10 it won't let me download  (I live in europe and the buffalo site says for North American users only!!). I have entered my serial number and model as requested.

Can someone direct me to get v.3.10 from somewhere else??

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 01:02:41 AM »

You have to download the firmware from the region that you purchased it from.  You have to download it from the EU site.

vineetpatel

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 04:49:00 AM »

I've tried that, but the European site only has version 3.09 !!

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 04:51:12 AM »

Which ever version is more recent on your regional site.

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »

I asked the UK site manager to post 3.10 for the LS Pro Duo

rvee

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 05:55:20 AM »

I too asked for this many weeks ago.

Looks like 3.10 fw has been available in US for 7 months or so, but still no sign of it for us europeens...

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 10:45:18 AM »

I will escalate this for you and see what we can do.

Lsunav

• Calf
Re: How do I get my LinkStation Pro Duo AT to stream to my iPhone
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 04:07:53 PM »
How do you get from the version 1 firmware to version 3? I just got an iPhone and I have some success with webaccess but some songs in the same folder play while others say the server isn't properly configured.

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
Re: How do I get my LinkStation Pro Duo AT to stream to my iPhone
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 09:15:36 AM »

If you have a unit that is V1 you cannot upgrade to V3, there is a hardware incompatabilty

Nico_tls

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 07:17:19 AM »

Hi,

Any news about Ls pro duo firmware v3.10 release for european user?

I'am triying too to get access to my ls pro duo from my iphone.

Thanks, Nico