Author Topic: Need help with WebAccess  (Read 1565 times)

x2lacrosse

• Calf
Need help with WebAccess
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:18:10 AM »

Here's what I have:

LS-CH500L w/ 1.41 firmware

Belkin F5D8235-4 Router w/ latest firmware

I do not have a domain at home, just a normal home network.

I have set up WebAccess and can access it from any of the computers in my house. I cannot access from work, my wife's work, my parents' home nor a couple of other friends' homes.

At first, had enabled 'auto configure firewall' and made sure UPnP was enabled on my router.

Then, I turned auto configure off and set up port forwarding (9000 to 9000 per Buffalo Tech Support). Rebooted both devices and had several family members/friends (all different locations) try from their home, no dice.

In the webadmin, noticed that the external port was 41532, so I changed port forwarding to 41532 to 9000 and rebooted both devices. Family/friends still could not access.

All the while, I could access from 2 different laptops in my house. The forwarding is set up for both TCP and UDP.

Buffalo TS does not have any further advice.

Any thoughts?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Need help with WebAccess
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 08:46:02 AM »
Put both internal and external port to 9000 then forward that port for TCP to the local ip address of the linkstation. Once this is done and done correctly you will have external access.

You can check if the port is successfully opened or not by going to http://canyouseeme.org
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

x2lacrosse

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 09:31:44 AM »

Good morning davo, thanks 4 the reply.

I actually had 9000 going to 9000 at one point, but for both TCP and UDP and it did not give access. Would having both protocols have any bearing?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 11:06:40 AM »
No, it would have no bearing. Did canyouseeme.org show the port as being open?
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

x2lacrosse

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:07 AM »

Ok, here's what I figured out. The problem was w/ my modem's firewall (Westell 6100); even though I set it to allow all traffic from day one, guess I still had to open the ports (9000 and 21) on it. After I did that, canyouseeme.org could see both ports and I can now get in from my work computer. So, my issue is resolved.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »
You're welcome :-/

kanjiattache

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »

I was able to get a little further in that I have external access but it seems to only work temporarily. Perhaps someone here may be able to shed light on on this?

WebAccess works when I use the UPnP configuration but only for about a day. The following day I have log in again and reset WebAccess which issues a new external port to restore external access. I put the NAS to sleep at night now but I believe I was still seeing this issue prior to using the sleep mode.