Author Topic: TeraStation III - Unable to Access  (Read 5753 times)

ulimi2002

• Calf
TeraStation III - Unable to Access
« on: January 07, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »

Have a new TeraStation III RM unit, firmware 1.10, installed in a cabinet at a NOC for 3 days.

Yesterday morning I tried to access the unit and I was only able to ping the device.  I was not able to access the shares or the web admin, and the NAS Navigator did not recognize the device as being on the network.   The device resides on a IP based surge protector and we were able to power cycle the outlet the device is attached to, but the device did not power back up.  After that we were unable to ping the unit at all.

After manually starting the device, we looked at the logs, it only showed powering up, nothing prior.  We verified connectivity and share access, everything ok.  This morning, same thing, can only ping device.

The unit is on the same power strip as several servers, switches, firewalls, etc.  None of the other devices are experiencing any issues.  We did set up alert notifications within the device, but did not receive any alerts.

Before I powercycle the device again, is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: TeraStation III - Unable to Access
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 04:47:04 AM »

Is there any error messages being indicated on the LCD?  Any other indications with error lights blinking in a pattern?  Try to reset it and then power cycle and see if Nas Navi can pick it up.

ulimi2002

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 05:27:56 AM »

Thanks for the response.

No, there are no errors displayed on the LCD, no error lights.

I powercycled the device again and the NasNavi did find the device this time.

Support recommended that I refirmware the device, which I attempted to do right after the last powercycle.  When I ran the updater, it did not find the device.  I walked over to the unit and found it off again, not 5 minutes after powercycling the unit.

Long story short, our vendor is replacing the unit.

Thank you any way.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 05:42:26 AM »

We apologize for the inconvience.  There is a switch on the back.  If its set to Auto set it to manual and then boot it up and see what happens.

ulimi2002

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 07:24:33 AM »

OK, switched to manual, and disabled detection of NAS Navigator in Network/Settings/Network Services.

I have 2 of these units, both configured identical, except for IP and name.  But it is only one of the units that has been experiencing this problem. 

I will continue to test and let you know how it goes.

Thank you

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 08:11:21 AM »

Please do.  I didnt realize that you had two of these set up identically.  If you need some further help feel free to contact our 24/7 Tech Support!

ulimi2002

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 10:10:52 AM »

Unit has been running fine.

However, I received the replacement unit and noticed that the firmware on the new unit is 1.20, which is not available online yet.  Is the newer firmware available somewhere else?  With the problems I have had from the start, I would feel more comfortable going live with the newer firmware installed on both devices.

Thanks

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 12:32:11 PM »

Hmmmm.....is your unit an US model?

ulimi2002

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 12:39:12 PM »

How can you tell?

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 02:14:14 PM »

Let me have the full model number of the unit.  Generally if the model number ends in a EU or US.

ulimi2002

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 02:28:06 PM »

The model number I have is TS-RX2.0TL/R5.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »

That would be a US model it looks like.  If there was no EU at the end.  Please check your PM's.

ulimi2002

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 02:35:14 PM »

Sorry, what are PM's?

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 02:42:14 PM »

Go to your profile and check your private messages.  Look for the little envelope at the top right hand corner.