Author Topic: Terastation Pro II - Emergency mode, no array info  (Read 35439 times)

mtb211

• Calf
Terastation Pro II - Emergency mode, no array info
« on: January 05, 2010, 01:13:35 PM »

Hi everyone

I receive an error that displays emergency mode , no array info...

Ive read online that if I download the newest firmware this should go away.t 

The problem is that I can not log into my terastation... it says the address is not found.

Its a model TS-H0.0TGLR5

Sn is u92308

This suddenlly happened after our power went out

thx

Matt

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Terastation Pro II - Emergency mode, no array info
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 12:03:57 AM »

You don't need to log into the Terastation to flash the firmware.  Just download the latest firmware from your local regions website and extract the file.  Then just run the updater program.  Make sure all firewalls are disabled and the NASNAVI is completely closed out (they run the same protocol on the same port).

djahren

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 02:58:14 PM »

I am having the same problem with my TeraStation Pro. Thanks for the input, @, but unfortunately the firmware updater fails to recognize the TeraStation, which I think is what @mtb211 meant by "logging in". Any more help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -DJAhren

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 11:06:47 PM »

Yet again there is no need to log into the unit to update the firmware.  What is the IP address of the unit?  You might want to try to directly connect the unit to your PC and set a static IP address on your NiC card.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 03:30:39 AM »

"which I think is what @mtb211 meant by "logging in""

I think he is talkingt about logging into the web interface and/or share.

"Thanks for the input, @, but unfortunately the firmware updater fails to recognize the TeraStation"

I would suggest checking your firewalls, the IPsubnets of the computer and TS and also double check to make sure that you got the correct firmware.

jonp

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 06:11:12 AM »

I have the same problem.To JoshC Yet again there is no need to log into the unit to update the firmware.  What is the IP address of the unit?  You might want to try to directly connect the unit to your PC and set a static IP address on your NiC card.I'm unable to do this I suspect mtb211, djahren are not able to ether. What I have tried and experienced so far.If I install the EASY SETUP (Tera Navigation) it installs ok and is able to search the network and find the NAS Box. It even places the icon on the desktop 'Shortcut for TS-HTGL-EM61E' however when you click on the shortcut it comes back with 'Network Routing can't be found Confirm network cabling and connection' Its is interesting that the setup is able to detect the NAS box, when I select the configuration of the disk it claims to have done this.  At the end of the install It is able to tell me that the setup is completeOPERATING MODE NORMAL NAME TS-HTGL-EM61EWORKGROUP UNKNOWNIP ADDRESS 196.254.1.150SUBNET MASK 255.255.0.0When I look on the physical NAS device it states that its IP is 192.198.100.200F (I don’t know why, but there is an F)If I then start the NasNavi it starts ok. However if I then go to 'Setup' and select 'Browser Management' my web browser reports that it can not display the page.I then follow the advice from JoshC and download the latest firmware from http://www.buffalo-technology.com/support/downloads/ (Version 1.33)Then I run the application 'TSUpdater' it starts and can see the NAS box, when I then click on Update it comes up with the following error;Couldn’t confirm a response from TS-HTGL-EM61E.please check a network address of both PC and TS-HTGL-EM61EPlease disable the firewall function is it is working on PC.Updating is aborted.Is there anything else that I can check/do?RegardsJon

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »

@jonp: Could you fill in the blanks for me?

• IP address of PC:
  • OS of PC:
  • Any preventative software (firewall, anti-virus, etc.) that is running on that computer:

The F in the IP address is for Fixed (meaning static) or could be D alternatively for Dynamic (meaning the next IP available in the DHCP pool).  If you could fill those variables in for me I would appreciate it and you could take a look at forcing the firmware and see if that works for you.

jonp

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 05:39:52 AM »

Hi there and thanks for the reply As of 1 hour ago I have resolved this problem (Probably not the correct way, however I’m now up and running). Below is what I did.
I downloaded the latest firmware TSUpdater; It was able to find the NAS device but was not able to perform the upgrade/update.
Took each disk out and powered on the device, Disk 4 I discovered was faulty.
Formatted the faulty drive and then placed this back into the NAS box.
Re-powered the box it comes back with ‘Emergency Mode no array info’ however it retains its old ip address 192.168.100.200F (F which I now know if Fixed)
I place the CD in the drive and begin the TeraStation setup. On the next screen I select 'Connect TeraStation to Network' Then the application comes up with the "Searching for TesaStation PRO" window and the dropdown menu has the device 'TS-HTGL-EM61E' I click on 'Next' I select additional setup (As it has retained its IP from before it died). I click next and change the password. Next I select "Change Operating Mode" Once the program has finished it displays the following information; 
Name TS-HTGL-EM61E
Work Group UNKNOWN
IP Address used: 192.168.100.150
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 
I then complete the installation. 
Once this is done I double click on the BUFFALO NAS Navigator and entered Setup and select Modify IP address. It stated that it has done this. I then reboot the NAS device but It still retains its old IP address. However I was unable to access the device and it still stated that it was in ‘Emergency Mode no array info’ I then re-ran the latest firmware TSUpdater; It then found the device so I push out the update. The device now starts --> Loading Kernel --> Welcome to TeraStation It then powered off, upon restart it stated a problem with the Kernel E04 I checked my PC and it appeared to be waiting for the NAS to reboot and has a continue button. I then powered off the NAS again and clicked continue to finish the update and it booted ok, however it was complaining that there was a problem with the RAID (Disk 4 being faulty, this is the one that I had formatted) . I was then able to point my web browser to the IP of the NAS box check the disk management and see that the RAID was degraded and perform the RAID fix.

Hi there and thanks for the reply As of 1 hour ago I have resolved this problem (Probably not the correct way, however I’m now up and running). Below is what I did.
I downloaded the latest firmware TSUpdater; It was able to find the NAS device but was not able to perform the upgrade/update.
Took each disk out and powered on the device, Disk 4 I discovered was faulty.
Formatted the faulty drive and then placed this back into the NAS box.
Re-powered the box it comes back with ‘Emergency Mode no array info’ however it retains its old ip address 192.168.100.200F (F which I now know if Fixed)
I place the CD in the drive and begin the TeraStation setup. On the next screen I select 'Connect TeraStation to Network' Then the application comes up with the "Searching for TesaStation PRO" window and the dropdown menu has the device 'TS-HTGL-EM61E' I click on 'Next' I select additional setup (As it has retained its IP from before it died). I click next and change the password. Next I select "Change Operating Mode" Once the program has finished it displays the following information; 
Name TS-HTGL-EM61EWork Group UNKNOWNIP Address used: 192.168.100.150Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 
I then complete the installation. 
Once this is done I double click on the BUFFALO NAS Navigator and entered Setup and select Modify IP address. It stated that it has done this. I then reboot the NAS device but It still retains its old IP address. However I was unable to access the device and it still stated that it was in ‘Emergency Mode no array info’ I then re-ran the latest firmware TSUpdater; It then found the device so I push out the update. The device now starts --> Loading Kernel --> Welcome to TeraStation It then powered off, upon restart it stated a problem with the Kernel E04 I checked my PC and it appeared to be waiting for the NAS to reboot and has a continue button. I then powered off the NAS again and clicked continue to finish the update and it booted ok, however it was complaining that there was a problem with the RAID (Disk 4 being faulty, this is the one that I had formatted) . I was then able to point my web browser to the IP of the NAS box check the disk management and see that the RAID was degraded and perform the RAID fix.

Then I got a Coffee. 

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 02:43:15 PM »

Good to hear it was fixed and I hope the coffee tasted that much better :robotvery-happy:

adriespo

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 06:21:28 AM »
Hi, I had the same problem with TS-HTGL/R5 2.0TB. I follow your path step by step (with the same fails LOL!) and now it is working! Thank you very much for sharing!