Author Topic: LS720DB - Firmware Update - Could Not Connect To Server  (Read 1597 times)

bhill

• Calf
LS720DB - Firmware Update - Could Not Connect To Server
« on: April 26, 2021, 01:48:20 PM »
Hello, I've just purchased 6 new Linkstation LS720DB units.  I've only opened two of them.  One came with a 1.0 firmware and the other came with a 1.04 firmware.  I've tried to update the firmware from within the admin page on both of them, but I get an error message that says,"Cannot connect to the online update server. Go to the Buffalo website to check for available updates manually."
I've looked at my firewall logs to make sure that its web filter's not blocking the update connection.  I also purchased a brand new Terastation TS6400R.  On that, I am able to click on the update firmware button and it works just fine.

Now, for the LS720DB that came with 1.0 firmware, I was able to download 1.02 from the Buffalo website and updated it to 1.02.  Why is 1.04 not out there yet (that's not really my question though)?  What's going on with the firmware update check for these Linkstations?  I've tried with firmwares 1.0, 1.02 and 1.04.  It doesn't work on any of them.  The manual update works, but these will all be geographically placed and I want to be able to rely on each Linkstation to download its own firmware.

Thanks!

cpking99

• Calf
Re: LS720DB - Firmware Update - Could Not Connect To Server
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 10:40:22 AM »
Same problem here - nas can't connect to update server...

Armand28

• Calf
Re: LS720DB - Firmware Update - Could Not Connect To Server
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 08:25:18 AM »
Anyone find a solution?  Buffalo seems to be dropping the ball on some basic stuff.