Author Topic: Buffalo LinkStation LS220DB Cannot use authentication.  (Read 6285 times)

Buffalo LinkStation LS220DB Cannot use authentication.
« on: April 11, 2021, 03:06:29 PM »
Authentication passwords for shares do not work.
Installed Buffalo LinkStation LS220DB 2021-03-10

Installed and created shares. All good there. Tried to require a password for a share. No amount of resetting and recreating or trials would allow a password to be accepted. Docs imply that you have to use the Microsoft password - didn't work.

Tried new password not used any where - no work.  Computer login password - no work. Computer 4 digit shortcut password - no work. Tried multiple computers with all the above - no work. (I have a desktop and 2 laptops I want to use and share).
Finally gave up and took passwords off altogether. That is the only thing that works.   

Open to any suggestions anyone may have.
Thanks
Bill
bill@balewrealestate.com

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Buffalo LinkStation LS220DB Cannot use authentication.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 03:21:12 PM »
Add the NAS details to windows credential manager. Works fine here with multiple NAS devices and Windows 10 clients
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 04:12:31 PM »
"Add the NAS details to windows credential manager. Works fine here with multiple NAS devices and Windows 10 clients

I have no clue as to how to do this. I do not have multiple NAS units. Only this one.

I found the "Windows Credential Manager" but I've never seen this, much less how to use it. Obviously managed by programs. The NAS unit appears on the credentials list.
On my desktop with which I loaded S/W and created the shares I can access the shares OK (as with other laptops) but once a password is added, I cannot access shares with my desktop. Something arcane that I do not know here.

oxygen8

• The Oxy-genuine article
  • El Toro
  • Giving you some breathing space.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 01:17:40 AM »
Please try a short and simple password without Spaces.
If you have success, change the password.
(You need enabled SMB2)

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 02:56:33 PM »
One of the things I tried was a 3 digit number. Short. I tried the laptop login 3 digits as well as the MS password. I some other numbers as well.

adamjon23

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 06:12:34 AM »
Hi, can you tell me how to upload an avatar?