Author Topic: LS CHL Buffalo Extracted HD / Recovery of data  (Read 1306 times)

agaladari

• Calf
LS CHL Buffalo Extracted HD / Recovery of data
« on: March 27, 2021, 02:03:36 AM »
I have done the ultimate fail here.  My LS-CHL failed and playing around with the device, I was able to get the HD size 1Tb out of the device and got rid of the appliance.  Now how can I recover my data from the Hard Disk?  I was able to connect the HD drive to a USB and made it act like an external Hard Hisk.  Using one of many tools available for data recovery from Partitions, I was able to see all the files and it looks like it will allow me to recover the files.  HOWEVER, the main problem is that all the files are named in a serial number (i.e. File000001.JPG, or File00002.MKV) the formats of the files looks OK as the belong to the correct file type, but the naming are messed up and I also cannot see me organized folders that I careated.

So I have tried many tools (free tools so far).  Any recommendations on which recovery tool to use that will be able to recover my data in the correct file names and folders?  Or is there any other method to recover my data?

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
Re: LS CHL Buffalo Extracted HD / Recovery of data
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 07:23:00 AM »
The partition is formatted with an XFS filesystem. If you boot into a Linux livecd you’ll be able to access the filesystem normally.