Author Topic: Connecting to share on Terastation TS-HTGL/R5 F/W 1.22 Using Vista Business  (Read 3303 times)

SteveW

• Calf

When trying to connect to share on terrastation  TS-HTGL/R5 F/W 1.22 (1TB) using \\hostname\sharename user is prompted for a username and password and which are not accepted therefore will not connect to share.  When connecting to the same share using \\ipaddress\sharename connects with no problem.  

The environment is Windows 2003 Standard R1.  The PC is running Vista Business SP1. Same PC (Vista Business SP1) can connect to older Terrastations shares with no problem. All Terrastation are using AD for authentication.  

Any Ideas? 

Paul

• Big Bull

Buffalo tech is working on a firmware that will help with the UMC issues you are experiencing.  In the mean time you can UNC modify the host file to make your local machine look there before relying on DNS.

Path to host file

C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/ETC/hosts

open with notepad

add

IP of nas (tab) name of nas (tab) # description 

macroburn

• Calf

I just experienced this exact same issue with SBS 2003 and Windows Vista.  Have there been any updates to the firmware yet which resolve this issue?

Thanks!

nishant_rapate

• Calf
Folder Quota Management in TS-HTGL/R5 F/W 1.33
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 06:01:16 AM »
   Hi I have TS-HTGL/R5 F/W 1.33 buffalo NAS box I want to manage quota on the shared folders but there is no option available in the GUI, anybody knows I do i mange the quota in the same or is there any way by which I can achieve this? I was used to with HP NAS box but here is something different no option available isn't it wondered ? Please help me out !!! -Nishant