Author Topic: Buffalo terastation now loading... but never loads web admin [TS3410R/Firm4.80]  (Read 3436 times)

alejnadro

• Calf
I have a TS3410R using firmware 4.80 and I can't log int to the web interface.

Once I type the IP address the "now loading" message appears but stays there for ever, no login fields.

I tried from different workstations and web browsers, all with the same result.

I also tried by turning off/on again twice, same result.

I can access the shares, permissions working fine, I also can access via FTP and the NAS navigator shows all related info, it's just I can't web login, so I can't modify shares, change permissions...

Any ideas???

HELP!!!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 11:23:26 AM by alejnadro »

alejnadro

• Calf
Re: Buffalo terastation now loading... but never loads web admin
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 11:20:51 AM »
I have another TS3410R and upgraded its firmware to 4.80 too and I don't have any problem, just in the other one I just can access weblogin

Any suggestions???

alejnadro

• Calf
Help!!!

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
I’ve not run into that with mine, have you tried calling support?

marcoingenio

• Calf
same error, unresolved (TS3410)

alejnadro

• Calf
I’ve not run into that with mine, have you tried calling support?

Long time has passed, since someone might encounter the same problem I want to share that I gladfully had my problem fixed :)

Although I was hesitant, I did what @1000001101000 said, call support.

It seems sometimes the system gets corrupted and is fixed by using a USB Initialization Drive. That drive is easy to generate IF your Buffalo is working:

https://www.buffalo.jp/s3/guide/ts3010/global/99/en/pc_index.html?Chapter7#Creating%20a%20USB%20Initialization%20Drive

I didn't knew and I didnt generated that before the problem (do it before you need it!!!).

It ended up being fixed by calling Buffalo Support, they asked for the serial number and gave me an ISO to create one at no cost (perhaps because I was still under warranty).

After using the Initialization Drive the information was there, I didn't lost anything.

My understanding is that the Initialization Drive is unique for every Buffalo, so you MUST generate one while you can or call support.

Hope it helps someone!!!

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
...that reminds me, I keep meaning to see if I can bootstrap anything interesting via that USB boot method.