Author Topic: Confused about passwords and permissions  (Read 1980 times)

mskat2

• Calf
Confused about passwords and permissions
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:37:26 PM »

I have a Link Station LS-W2.0TGL/R1-V3, with firmware 3.09 and have Navigator 2.02 software. The password is not working on the administration. I can mount the drives from any of the 9 computers that I have on my home network, but cannot create a new file from any of them. I  can see the permissions from either the Macs or the PCs, but cannot change the permissions from anywhere. I never changed the default password, but it will not get me into the web administration. I have a considerable amount of data on the drive, so I do not want to lose it, but I really need to be able to store more stuff. How do I go about this? I read the other posts about resetting the password in EM mode, but I think you are all skipping some steps, because is does not quite make sense to me, and I am nervous about losing all of the data. Also, where are the permissions set?

Sorry to be dense, but this is outside of my comfort zone. Now if it was a database question....

mskat2

• Calf
Re: Confused about passwords and permissions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 01:25:48 PM »

I have figured it out, mostly. I rebooted the storage unit and put the CD into a PC and could get to the drive that way. Apparently my Mac no longer reads the drive after the OS upgrade.