Author Topic: LINKSTATION can be seen but not accessed  (Read 4108 times)

DMK68

• Calf
LINKSTATION can be seen but not accessed
« on: February 27, 2021, 05:40:37 PM »
Hi
I have an older Linkstation HD-160LAN and up until recently, I had no problems accessing the drive. I can no longer access the files on the drive however, I can see the drive via NAS and I can also open 192.168.1.25 where you can alter the drive's settings. In order to rule out a Windows error, I have tried to access it via a Mac and a Windows 10 laptop and I get the same error message on both.

Any suggestions? Once I get access, I'll pull everything off of the drive and retire it.

Thanks!

mreskorpion

• Calf
Re: LINKSTATION can be seen but not accessed
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 09:04:56 PM »
Hi, I have the HD-250LAN, old version too. Same problem, it was turned off long time, I did try to find what back up I used to save on it, no luck to see what is inside, default password as root is working but in the app open folder or map unit doesn;t work, any utility for windows 10???
thank you if anybody can help..

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 03:01:54 AM »
Hi, I have the HD-250LAN, old version too. Same problem, it was turned off long time, I did try to find what back up I used to save on it, no luck to see what is inside, default password as root is working but in the app open folder or map unit doesn;t work, any utility for windows 10???
thank you if anybody can help..

No, it's 17+ years old, best bet is to install a supported virtual OS and try accessing it that way.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

johndoc1

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 08:54:28 AM »
I have exactly the same problem with my old LS-VL09 drive.  I see it on NasNavigator, I can log into settings, I can even access files via WebAccess.  I cannot map share or browse my shares on the connected computer.  I was disconnected for a month due to a Comcast cockup and when I returned ' No worky'.  As an old unit, I have entered an email support ticket (glacial 72 hours and I don't know what to expect).

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 08:59:19 AM »
I have exactly the same problem with my old LS-VL09 drive.  I see it on NasNavigator, I can log into settings, I can even access files via WebAccess.  I cannot map share or browse my shares on the connected computer.  I was disconnected for a month due to a Comcast cockup and when I returned ' No worky'.  As an old unit, I have entered an email support ticket (glacial 72 hours and I don't know what to expect).

What OS are you trying to access it from? And does the OS have SMB1 enabled or not.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!