Author Topic: DriveStation Quattro Rackmount Support  (Read 1213 times)

swinginman

• Calf
DriveStation Quattro Rackmount Support
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:25:41 PM »
I am looking at purchasing a DriveStation Quattro Rackmount HD-RQS2TSU2R5 second hand, and I wanted to ask if anyone has been able to configure this device using the latest release of NAS Navigator. I found documentation here: https://www.buffalotech.com/products/drivestation-quattro-rackmount and the manual references DriveNavigator version 1.0. If I had the installation media I would probably try the old version on a WXP machine, but it isn't included with the device. Is there anywhere I can download old versions of this software?
If anyone knows anything about this device, some clarity would be greatly appreciated!

swinginman

• Calf
Re: DriveStation Quattro Rackmount Support
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 06:33:34 PM »
I got the serial number and found the old software version here: https://www.buffalotech.com/support/serial-lookup/

That should be enough to get it working.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 08:57:02 AM »
It's not a NAS so doesn't use the NAS Navigator. Plus, it's well over 10 years old so i wouldn't be paying too much for it!
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

swinginman

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 01:27:17 PM »
I guess I assumed NAS Navigator would be the right software because all the TeraStations use it, but I suppose that makes sense as this DriveStation doesn't have network access. It also looks like all the software for the desktop DriveStations are device specific. So I will have to use the original utilities.

It seems Buffalo has moved away from producing rack mounted DriveStations in favor of marketing them as desktop enclosures. Thankfully my use-case has no need for network access or USB 3.0, so this device is perfect for me.

I bought it for very cheap with the understanding that it might not work. However I love old hardware like this, and I'm pretty experienced with getting these kinds of systems up and running.

Hopefully I won't need any more help, but perhaps I'll post an update if I get it working; just for the sake of documentation. There is virtually none for this device outside of manual.