Author Topic: How to get rid of error status on LS220D  (Read 7771 times)

Zolt

• Calf
How to get rid of error status on LS220D
« on: February 11, 2021, 02:35:57 PM »
Hi there.

I have a LinkStation LS220D FW version 1.75-0.05 (I just installed the FW with ssh opened to have root access - nothing else changed in the FW)

I started playing with the backup feature to an attached USB drive.
In the end, I didn't like the way it worked, so I selected a different avenue.  I also deleted the job so now the are no backup job scheduled.
Since I removed the USB drive, I get errors (yellow blinking icon on the Web UI).  The message says there was a backup job that failed.
I also have amber blinking light which according to the manual give error code 54, which corresponds to a backup job failed.

Could someone please let me know where I can get rid of this error?  I know it failed, and the USB drive isn't present anymore.
I just want to get this notification is cleared.

Zolt

• Calf
Re: How to get rid of error status on LS220D
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 02:54:44 PM »
For anybody interested or having the same issue.
I got a reply from BUFFALO with instructions on how to clear this.
Seems obvious for some, but counter-intuitive to me.  I was sure there were some logs I could delete somewhere.
In the end, here is what I was told to do:
The only wat to completely clear the backup error would be to have the unit complete a backup job, but this can be any backup job, the easiest way to do this would be to create two folders in the folder setup page one of witch having the backup checkmark checked.
Place any test file in the non backup checked folder right clicking within the folder in file explorer and creating an empty folder ro text file would do, From this point the folder can be backing up form the one with the files to the one containing the backup checkmark using the below backup guide
Backup guide; https://www.buffalotech.com/knowledge-base/configuring-backup-on-a-buffalo-terastation
After this backup completes the backup message will be cleared and the two new folders can be deleted.

Hope this can help others out-there!

vbristow

• Calf
Re: How to get rid of error status on LS220D
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 11:08:01 AM »
This solution worked. However I had to restart the Buff LS220 NAS to get the error to clear.