Author Topic: problem with NAS  (Read 2116 times)

willum08

• Calf
problem with NAS
« on: February 03, 2021, 05:44:04 PM »
Hi,
I have a Buffalo LS-CH500L NAS unit which has been working very well for quite some time, but now I cannot access it on my home network. I am getting a message on the NAS Navigator as follows :
" Message from LS-CHL-EMB31
%s is in emergency mode. Update the firmware or contact technical support. "

Can someone please advise in simple terms what I should do to correct this situation. Any help would be very much appreciated since I need to recover some files which are stored on the hard disk in the unit....

The data showing in the NAS Navigator display also shows my Workgroup as 'Unknown'. Other devices on my network are working OK and are accessible (2 other pcs)

Thank You

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: problem with NAS
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 07:49:09 AM »
Update the firmware as it says!
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

willum08

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 02:03:38 PM »
Thank you for your reply but how do I do this - being a non techy........

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 03:58:03 PM »
It's probably worth noting that the devie going into EM mode is not a good sign, it may indicate that the drive is going bad.

You can update the firmware using LSupdater which you can find on the downloads page for that device.

If you decide to replace the drive there is a pinned thread with info on how to install the firmware starting from a blank drive:
http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=30419.0

willum08

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 10:53:25 AM »
Thank you to all who replied to my post, problem fixed and NAS working fine now.