Author Topic: Linkstation Pro Duo (Mac OS X) - Accept incoming network connections?  (Read 13607 times)

roblicsw

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo (Mac OS X) - Accept incoming network connections?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »

The best minds on this forum seem to say that it's actually Apple's move to make. I don't happen to see it that way. If I was Buffalo, I would see all my frustrated Mac customers, and use whatever clout or access  there is with Apple's development team to try to get this fixed.

I would add that my problem frequency has dropped significantly, by about 75%.

seawe

• Calf
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 04:56:35 AM »

This is an old thread but I ran into this very annoying problem after buying a Pro Duo Nas. The solution is to create a certificate in OS X and re-sign the apps yourself. Buffalo failed to re-sign the apps after adding a few resource files which caused OSX to not trust it. So was never Apple's problem.

You can find the instructions here:

http://silvanolte.com/blog/2011/01/18/do-you-want-the-application-to-accept-incoming-network-connections/

You'll need to apply the new certificate to the NasNavigator app in both of its locations: /Applications/BUFFALO/NasNavigator2.app

/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/NasNavigator2.app

roblicsw

• Calf
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 12:33:02 AM »

I appreciate your research. Frankly getting the signature in there looks too troublesome for me. Some time ago I just deleted the app. I don't miss it. It did nothing essential or even important. Problem solved. And Buffalo could solve this much more easily if they would pay attention to your post.

Gsport

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2015, 08:47:27 AM »
I have just upgraded to Yosemite and I repeatedly get "Do you want the application “NasNavigator2.app” to accept incoming network connections?".
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version to no avail>>> Any fixes please?