Author Topic: Linkstation live - no connectivity ethernet/web  (Read 4951 times)

tdube

• Calf
Linkstation live - no connectivity ethernet/web
« on: November 16, 2008, 06:30:51 PM »

I've got a HS-DH500GL that after a power outage I restarted it with no errors and the normal beeps but have no connectvity to it over the network or web interface.  I tried the TTFTP method to reflash memory, but I get an ACP error.  Note I've got it in EM mode with no harddrive attached to it.  I need some help PLEASE -

Thanks

Todd

todd@thedubes.com

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation live - no connectivity ethernet/web
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:01:55 PM »

your going to have to flash the firmware (with the HD in the unit)

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/search?submitted=true&q=firmware+force

tdube

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 04:07:53 PM »
   So to enable EM mode which I cannot find a good (confident) way of doing this?  Do I disconnect my drive and then reconnect to put it in EM mode so I can flash the firmware?

Matt_M

• Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 04:11:56 PM »
No, to boot it in EM mode all you need to do is power the unit on while holding down the reset button on the back, after you hear the unit chime release the reset button and it should be up in EM

tdube

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
   Thanks to you both... I've tried to reflash the firmware, it uploads, and updates the firmware just fine.  Reboots the device and then the LSupdater waits on the reboot which the device does, but comes back with an error and flashes 5 times on the info indicating ROM error.  What next? 

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 09:22:45 AM »
I would set up an rma for a ROM error.  You can do an advanced RMA if the data has to be recovered.

tdube

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 09:31:47 AM »

Thanks, I'm out of warranty I believe.  I actually got this to work last night after powering off and restarting a few times... Finally took, and got the drive back.  I'm going out to get a Drobo for my christmas present.  I've had way to many restart problems with this.

Todd